Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo Clubs A list of Hi-Lo camper clubs

Old 07-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #1

Default California Hi-Lo Club First Campout!

Howdy California Campers!

Garry and I have been e-mailing each other the last several weeks and have come up with a proposal for our first campout, keeping in mind the locations of those who had previously expressed interest. We think we found a place that is a fair driving distance for all.

Where: 49er RV Ranch in Columbia, CA. For those not familiar with it, the park is in the heart of Gold Country in Tuolumne County, just north of Sonora. I have never stayed there but it sounds pretty good! There are many attractions, state parks, etc. to visit that are very close to the RV park, and it is an easy day trip to Yosemite for those interested. Check out the park website to learn more. Be sure to play the little video Huell Howser did about the park!

49er Ranch RV Park: RV Campground and Resort Columbia CA

When: October 19-23. This is a Monday-Thursday nights, ending on Friday morning. I have already contacted the park and they can accommodate a small group for these dates.

I don't think we will be large enough to be considered an official group (minimum 8 rigs) so reservations will need to be made on an individual basis but I can contact them and see if they can get us all fairly close together once I know who is interested. This is a pretty highly-rated Good Sam park with full hook-ups so there are several types of discounts available off the regular rate. There is also a discount coupon for $20 off the first night for first-time visitors that you can print out:

RV Trip Planning: RV Camping Columbia CA ? Reservation Rates | 49er RV Ranch

If you think you can make it, either post a message or send me or Garry a private message. You can also e-mail me. Let me know if you need my e-mail address. I'd like to get at least two other commitments before proceeding. We are still open to suggestions but time is running short. Hope ya'll can make it!

Thanks,

Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:04 PM   #2

Ahhhh bummer. We can't do weekdays M-Th We can do the complete opposite....Fri-Sun...LOL

MossyOakLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #3

Oh...and in looking at the website. A group is considered 2 or more....with 8 sites booked you get use of their clubhouse.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #4

Hi
I made reservations for the Oct 19-22 time and got the $40 rate. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Regards

John Schmit

2007-22T TowLite 50th Anniversary
2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab, Snug Top
NDgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyOakLane View Post
Ahhhh bummer. We can't do weekdays M-Th We can do the complete opposite....Fri-Sun...LOL
Hi Mossy,

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it! Since it is a smaller campground, we thought it would be less impacted if we met during the week, realizing that some folks may need to work but hoping they might be able to attend anyway. I was very interested in meeting you and seeing your rig but understand if you can't make it.

The good news is, this is only the first campout so I'm hoping you can make it in the future! I'd like to talk to everyone who attends about future get-togethers so perhaps we can incorporate a weekend in the next one.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDgent View Post
Hi
I made reservations for the Oct 19-22 time and got the $40 rate. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Regards

John Schmit
Great, John! I just went ahead and made my reservation as well. I also got the group rate of $40. The gal said she would try and put us as close together as possible. FYI, the cancellation fee is $10 if made outside of 48 hours and one nights camping ($40) if made within 48 hours of arrival time. Be sure to tell them to apply the $20 coupon off the first night's stay if you have never camped there before.

Are you leaving on the 22nd or 23rd? Would you mind sending me your contact info (cell # and e-mail address) via a PM? I've started a contact list for interested members which I plan on sharing with everyone once I have their permission.

Looking forward to meeting you as well!

Thanks,
Old 07-21-2015, 07:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydog671 View Post
Howdy California Campers!

Garry and I have been e-mailing each other the last several weeks and have come up with a proposal for our first campout, keeping in mind the locations of those who had previously expressed interest. We think we found a place that is a fair driving distance for all.

Where: 49er RV Ranch in Columbia, CA. For those not familiar with it, the park is in the heart of Gold Country in Tuolumne County, just north of Sonora. I have never stayed there but it sounds pretty good! There are many attractions, state parks, etc. to visit that are very close to the RV park, and it is an easy day trip to Yosemite for those interested. Check out the park website to learn more. Be sure to play the little video Huell Howser did about the park!

49er Ranch RV Park: RV Campground and Resort Columbia CA

When: October 19-23. This is a Monday-Thursday, ending on Friday morning. I have already contacted the park and they can accommodate a small group for these dates.

I don't think we will be large enough to be considered an official group (minimum 8 rigs) so reservations will need to be made on an individual basis but I can contact them and see if they can get us all fairly close together once I know who is interested. This is a pretty highly-rated Good Sam park with full hook-ups so there are several types of discounts available off the regular rate. There is also a discount coupon for $20 off the first night for first-time visitors that you can print out:

RV Trip Planning: RV Camping Columbia CA ? Reservation Rates | 49er RV Ranch

If you think you can make it, either post a message or send me or Garry a private message. You can also e-mail me. Let me know if you need my e-mail address. I'd like to get at least two other commitments before proceeding. We are still open to suggestions but time is running short. Hope ya'll can make it!

Thanks,
I was unable to edit the original post for some reason but please note that I meant to say the dates for the campout will be October 19-23, leaving on the morning of the 23rd. My apologies for the confusion!
Old 07-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #8

Greg,

Fixed it for you.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by campthewestcoast View Post
Greg,

Fixed it for you.
Thank you, Les!
Old 07-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #10

MossyOak,

Just sent you a private message.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #11

Default Any Nevadans?

We've noticed that we have some forum members in the western part of Nevada so would like to extend an invitation to them to attend our first campout in October in Columbia, CA since it is relatively close in proximity. Please let Garry or myself know if you are interested, or post a message on this thread.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #12

bumping the thread
Old 09-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #13

My hubby wants to take the week off for this. I'm still trying to find a sitter for pets and parents (we take care of my parents).
Old 09-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyOakLane View Post
My hubby wants to take the week off for this. I'm still trying to find a sitter for pets and parents (we take care of my parents).
Hope you are able to make it but understand it's a tough situation when caring for aging parents. Hey, maybe you could bring them along!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #15

I wish I could take them! Dad is in a wheelchair, and our tiny Hi-lo can only fit 3 people.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:13 AM   #16

I have asked the powers that be, and she is up for it.

However I do have 2 major projects and they need to be completed before the snow flies.
Typically it snows the last week of Oct in the Sierra's.

If I can complete, we are a for sure MAYBE.

I won't make reservations until I know.

Would love to put faces to names.

Hope to be seeing you!

MosseyOakLane,
we were both nurses if medical help close by is an issue.

steve
kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoites View Post
I have asked the powers that be, and she is up for it.

However I do have 2 major projects and they need to be completed before the snow flies.
Typically it snows the last week of Oct in the Sierra's.

If I can complete, we are a for sure MAYBE.

I won't make reservations until I know.

Would love to put faces to names.

Hope to be seeing you!

MosseyOakLane,

steve
Hey great, Steve, hoping both you and Mossy can swing it!

Since the 49er Ranch park is a fairly small park, I just called them to get an update on availability. They only have 2 spaces left for October 19th-22nd, although there are plenty of spaces left for the 19th-21st. If you are on the fence, I suggest you call and make a reservation now to be safe. Be aware there is a $10 cancellation fee if made outside 48 hours and a one night's fee if cancelled within 48 hours. Their phone number is 209-532-4978, 9am - 6pm PST.

http://www.49errvpark.com/reservations/
Old 09-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoites View Post

MosseyOakLane,

steve
Thank you...my husband was an EMT Dad doesn't camp well anymore, we tried it a few years ago, Our Hi-lo is far from fancy....we have one bed....LOL
Old 10-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #19

Default Good News, Bad News

Hi all you California Campers! I'm looking forward to meeting all those who are attending the campout on the 19th!

First, the bad news . I just called the RV park and we will not be able to have any campfires at all due to the extreme fire danger in the area. The good news is that, as of today, the forecast for our stay looks very good. Highs in the low to mid 80's, lows in the 50's with no rain in sight through Thursday (not sure about Friday morning yet but I'll keep monitoring) There is, however, a 60% chance of showers on Sunday. I know at least one of you will be arriving early over the weekend so head's up!

After we have all arrived and settled in, I'm hoping we can get together Monday evening, either at a park facility, or at one of our campsites (whoever has the largest site wins ) just to get to know each other and talk about activities to do in the Columbia area, and to discuss future campouts. Nothing has been planned as of yet so bring your ideas along with a beverage of your choice!

I plan on being there by 4pm so those of you already there can be entertained by watching my attempts at backing into my site -just look for the white Chevy Tahoe!
Old 10-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #20
Site Team

Luckydog, Hope you all have a great time! Wish we were there, but it would be a heck of a commute from Fla.
Treeclimber

Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote