Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Events Rallies, trips, shows etc.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
sam

Default Rally in Tenn.

Any body back home from the Rally in Tenn? Give us a report.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #2

Default Still Here

I feel sure that some others will reply but thought I'd add my two cents worth.
The rally ended yesterday morning and many Hi Lo'ers are on their way home. Several of us stayed and will be leaving at various times.
It is my understanding that we had around 60 Hi Lo's at the rally which was wonderful. Since this is our first I can not compare it with past rallies. But I can tell you that Bob and Bruce (and their wives) did a wonderful job. I know there were others involved that deserve credit also but I don't know their names. The facilities were great, food was good and fellowship with other Hi Lo'ers was just what we have all experienced over the years on either the Yahoo Hi Lo Group or this Hi Lo Trailer Forum. Wonderful folks, full of ideas and as always willing to share or help out.
Like I said it was our first and well worth attending. Having waited until after the registeration cut off I can not say enough about Bob and Bruce's efforts to get us in on the rally.
Hopefully someone will post some photos. Would add that if anyone has never attended you should start making plans for 2013.
God Bless and thanks again Bob and Bruce,
Papa

Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #3

We are also still here. The rally was a great success. We had 63 units and two cabins. Sixteen states were represented. On Monday night at the welcome dinner, we had a great entertainer do a show for us. She sang, played numerous instruments, and kept us laughing. There was plenty of audience participation. Tuesday & Wednesday was coach tours of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. At the Thursday evening farewell dinner, the entertainment was some "down home" mountain dulcimer music. We had the farewell breakfast on Friday morning with an omelet bar. During the "off times" there was plenty of things to do and see in the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg areas. Many went to Dollywood. We met several of the forum members - Jim L, Papa, Dee, Boater454 to name a few. I was too busy to take pictures, so hopefully someone does post pictures after they get home. I am truly happy with the way the rally turned out. The weather co-operated, and the fellowship was fantastic. Looking forward for the Minnesota rally next year.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
sam

Default Rally report.

Thanks for the report. I hope someone that took pictures will post some soon. I am on the irv2 forum and they are having a rally in Tenn in Sept. I hope to make the Rallye in Minnesota next year. I will work really hard this summer to get some onetime chores done and save $ so we can go.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #5

Beach and I can't say enough wonderful things about the rally in Tennessee. It was our first one, and we were slayed by the number of people that showed up. What a great group of people, and those Tennessee barbecued ribs I dream about at night (I think it was the sauce.).

One more thing, Friday night (the last day of the rally), we went out to supper before we packed up. The traffic in Pigeon Forge was pretty bad so we decided to eat at a restaurant nearer to the rv resort, and we charged those meals on our credit card. When we returned home, a call was waiting for us from our bank indicating that our credit card had been skimmed. Therefore, we had to cancel that credit card, and our bank sent us a new one. The bank and I think the skimming happened at the restaurant named Joe's Crab Shack. They only got away with a little over $350 and maybe not even that if Visa denied payment to the business in Indiana which took the fake credit card with our skimmed number on it. Therefore, everyone at the rally who used a credit card while you were out and about and shopping and eating in the area, please check your credit card statements, preferably on-line or call your credit card company to review the charges for anything that looks out of line. I wish these crooks could be caught, but then we would have to pay for their free meals in jail.

Dee
2509 Hi-Lo Classic
2010 F-250 Powerstroke Diesel
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #6

Default Credit Card

Dee,
Sorry that your card number was compromised. I heard of others that attended the rally ate at the same place. Have you considered going online and Joe's Crab Shack know that you think it happened at their Pigeon Forge location? I think if I were a chain I'd want to know that information.
The same thing happened to us "right in your back yard". At Smokey Bones on Rivers Ave. in N. Charleston. Thank goodness Chase caught it, cancelled the card, issued me a new one, and denied the payments of around $1,000.00. Have to say I was happy with Chase in the way they handled it. They told me if I saw any additional charges to show up on my statement to let them know. Well, stupid me, I paid the bill and later recognized something I didn't use the card for. Called them and they credited my account.
Would add that it is my understanding that a CREDIT card compand will not charge you for charges if someone steals your card number. But a DEBIT card is different and the bank will make you pay the bills. Anyway I could be all wet on that one but it's worth checking out. So I limit my debit card useage.
Enjoyed meeting you and Beach at the rally. We really do need to see if there are other Hi Lo owners in South Carolina and if they would be interested in a Hi Lo club..........
God Bless
Papa
Old 06-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa View Post
Dee,
Would add that it is my understanding that a CREDIT card compand will not charge you for charges if someone steals your card number. But a DEBIT card is different and the bank will make you pay the bills. Anyway I could be all wet on that one but it's worth checking out. So I limit my debit card useage.

Papa
... and that is why I only use a credit card, and never, ever use a debit card.

Lose a debit card, and it's the same as losing a wad of cash.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
sam

Default credit card fraud

This happened to us. Bank of America called us to alert us to fraud on our credit card. DH used the card and accidently left it at office max. Had to be someone employed at Office Max. They were ordering (twice) clothes from a co. in Texas.We didn't have to pay the charges. Had o fill out paper work as to what had happened. Dee thanks for the warning. The folks on irv2 have a rallye in Tenn. in Sept . I will tell them of your experience. Basicaly criminals aren't toosmart and hopefuly credit card fraud units can track them down.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #9

Default Credit card

Sam,
I do carry my debit card but seldom use it. NEVER let it out of my hand (like in a resturant). I would also add that I use Chase card and get 1% cash back. Not much but every little bit helps.
God Bless
Papa
Old 07-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #10

Default Tenn Rally

Late post to an old post.
Sorry to hear about the card problem.

Hope that one of the next Rally's in back in Tenn. Would like to go to it.

Later Tim & Nancy
69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69hilo2 View Post
Late post to an old post.
Sorry to hear about the card problem.

Hope that one of the next Rally's in back in Tenn. Would like to go to it.

Later Tim & Nancy
Hey Tim,

The next Hi-Lo rally is June 2014 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by campthewestcoast View Post
Hey Tim,

The next Hi-Lo rally is June 2014 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Do you know where in Colorado Springs?
ritmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #13

Default where

ritmar
No, just saw that info in the Minnesota thread.

Later Tim & Nancy
Old 07-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #14

Default Colorado Springs

Guess that I could add it's a nice area as my family camped there for a week. Left Fla and drove up to St Louis and then into Colorado Springs. There are several nice campgrounds in the area. My wife picked one up, did I say up, in Green Mountain. Every morning when I got up and opened the tent flap I looked straight across and saw Pikes Peak. Ok, really slight angle. Do you know how Cold, did I say COLD, really Cold, that it gets tent camping that high up. Had a good time and I should note that it's much warmed down in the city. Lots of nice things to see and do. If you get the chance and you want to visit the ANA (coin) Museum. Air Force Academy and Manitou Springs, and of course all of the normal areas. Then drove to Minnesota where it's much warmer. Stayed there a few days then Chicago then back down to Fla. Good tent camping Trip.

Later Tim & Nancy
Old 07-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #15

Default The biggest reason

I now live in the south is because I'm quite intolerant of the cold (I was born in the other LA - but went to high school in Maine - where I met my wife).

Guess I'll pass on that trip.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #16

The rally will be at the KOA just south of Colo Spgs off I-25.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #17

Default Manitou Springs

Manitou Springs, if you get a chance and want to have a nice visit to a nice town drive down a little bit and enjoy the town.
We also took a trip up to Denver and then went West into the mountains and did a loop back into Denver. Stopped and the kids (middle of July) saw snow and then got into a snowball fight. Kids were born in Fla, snow? whats that. Saw lot of great mountains sights.
Wish we could go there again. This time taking a hilo and not tent camping.
Hope that everyone has a great time there.

Later Tim & Nancy
Old 07-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM L View Post
The rally will be at the KOA just south of Colo Spgs off I-25.
Thanks Jim L
ritmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #19

Default wrong person

that was Jim, not Tim.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #20

Default Really

Really it was Jim L not Jim or Tim.

Hope everyone has a great time there. Enjoy the area but with the hills make sure that your brakes are ready for it.

Later Tim & Nancy