Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo Links and Useful Resources Dealer info, parts suppliers, camping resources and info sites. Share your links here.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #1

Default Hi Lo camper service in Texas?

Hi Fellow Hi-Lo friends:

I am a rookie to this forum and have been a Hi-Lo owner since 1979 and very sad at learing of the closing of the factory. I am in need of service for my 1986 Fun Chaser - the door side came off the guides while lifting. Also a leak in the hydraulic tank. Please assist me in finding available Hi-Lo repair service as near as possible to my home in Houston, Texas.

Many thanks,

Camper Carroll

Camper Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #2

I believe there are some Texans here on the Forum, I'm sure you will get some help. Welcome to the Forum! There is lots to learn from its members.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #3

I should have added that HiLo parts are still available from former HiLo employees.

Home - The Only Official HiLo Repair Shop & Parts

Home - JR REPAIR
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
sam

Default Finding service

Camper Caroll, Seems to me that we had a recent post about a Rv service place in Texas. The service was reported to be horibble. I would seriously consider taking it to JR repair in Butler Ohio. Well worth the trip.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Carroll View Post
Hi Fellow Hi-Lo friends:

I am a rookie to this forum and have been a Hi-Lo owner since 1979 and very sad at learing of the closing of the factory. I am in need of service for my 1986 Fun Chaser - the door side came off the guides while lifting. Also a leak in the hydraulic tank. Please assist me in finding available Hi-Lo repair service as near as possible to my home in Houston, Texas.

Many thanks,

Camper Carroll
Camper Carrol,

You didn't say where you are located. I don't know how close this is to you but there is, according to this advertisement, a dealer in New Braunfels. I cannot recommend them as I have never had any dealings with them, but if you are in the neighborhood....

Stahmann Sales Co., Texas, RV, Dealer, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Roadtrek, Winnebago, Class B, Used, Service, Parts, Consignment

We are located in Fredericksburg, TX. If you are in our area, give us a heads up.

Jerry & Carol Curtis
2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Hi Fellow Hi-Lo friends:

Many thanks,

Camper Carroll
Here's a link of former Hi-Lo dealers. Maybe you could call and they may still be able to help.

Hi-Lo Trailer RV Dealers, Sales & Service
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #7

There is a Hi Lo service center in New Braunfels TX but I haven't had a good experience with them. I would sincerely consider going to Ohio first. The New Braunfels dealer caused as much damage as they repaired to my 290B. The people are nice but the work will leave you fuming. If you have no choice then I guess they are better than nothing, but only barely. If you want more info. let me know.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Fellow Hi-Lo friends:

Many thanks,

Camper Carroll
did you find someone? I live in port arthur and need a door put on a 2003 hilo.
thanks
Sandy
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
did you find someone? I live in port arthur and need a door put on a 2003 hilo.
thanks
Sandy
Sandy,

Welcome to the forum. A lot of the parts and pieces are pretty generic to the RV world. I imagine any RV repair shop could do a door for you. You may have to teach them the operation of the trailer and ensure that they know not to move it when it is in the raised position. As stated above, JR Repair is the source for parts.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurtis95 View Post
Camper Carrol,

You didn't say where you are located. I don't know how close this is to you but there is, according to this advertisement, a dealer in New Braunfels. I cannot recommend them as I have never had any dealings with them, but if you are in the neighborhood....

Stahmann Sales Co., Texas, RV, Dealer, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Roadtrek, Winnebago, Class B, Used, Service, Parts, Consignment

We are located in Fredericksburg, TX. If you are in our area, give us a heads up.

Jerry & Carol Curtis
2406 T
I stopped in there to take a look around, they had 4 Hi-Lo's on the lot and I was just "curious"... Any way, one employee was on her way to lunch and said if I needed more info I could wait or talk to the guy inside... Really? I'm supposed to stand around waiting for her to come back from lunch? LOL... So I went to talk to the "guy inside" the only other employee I saw, and he was chit-chatting on the phone, no it wasn't business you could tell, Once he finnally got off the phone, he seemed very "dis-interested" that I was even there...

Needless to say I did not get the "warm fuzzies" you kinda expect to get from a business. I don't expect them to kiss my *** because I am there, but they could make an effort to say "Hi" which he never did.

I won't be back. Don't care if they are having a blow-out sale and everything is $1. I just won't go back to a place I am not welcome.

What Big Lou said does not surprise me at all...
davidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #11

davidc,

Yeah, I hate it when people in a business are too busy or indifferent when you visit their place of business. Sometimes I prefer to browse on my on but I do expect a greeting or an offer of help. We are planning an antiquing trip to New Braunfels when it cools down and I will try and go by this place to see if they have any HiLo parts that other forum members might be in need of. If you are ever over here in Fredericksburg, give us a buzz.

Jerry & Carol Curtis
Fredericksburg, TX
2406 T
Old 05-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to TooLong
Default Stahmann Sales in New Braunsville

I live in Houston. I did not like the idea of driving to Ohio to fix my 2006 28C after the hydraulics failed. The dealership we bought it from did a terrible job repairing the basic lifting.

I found Stahmann on this site and took it there from Fredricksburg where we kept it at the time. They repaired the repairs to my complete satisfaction. They pointed out that the previous repairs would have failed quickly. Not everyone can or will work on the HiLo hydraulics.

I found them to be competent and friendly. They made me feal that maybe my 28C was not too long after all.

Addendum: This year we returned for major work. It took 4 months, with numerous no call backs. They only have one HiLo mechanic and numerous other types of RVs. If you are not in a hurry you can get free storage for quite awhile.
TooLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:57 PM   #13

Smile Hi-Lo, TowLite repair in Texas

I am also looking for a place for repairs, I have a 1998 Towlite. I am in my 60s and can't really do any of the work myself and I'm looking for a repair shop in the North Texas or Southern Oklahoma region. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Ed.
esmfotoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:43 PM   #14

Default Stahlman in New Braunfels

Stahlmann's in New Braunfels, TX is the only dealer close to San Antonio that works on the Hi-Lo. We had to use them when our cables busted. Cost us an arm and a leg and took a at least a month to get back. The did an ok job but were not very friendly.
creyes67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #15

I no longer have a Hi-Lo but the last I heard this was a reputable dealer and the only one I know of. Stahmann Sales Co., Texas, RV, Dealer, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Roadtrek, Winnebago, Class B, Used, Service, Parts, Consignment

If you are in my area [Fredericksburg]. I may be able to help you out. I have owned [3] Hi-Lo's and did most of my own repair. Good Luck. jcurtis95@austin.rr.com
Old 03-16-2018, 07:56 PM   #16

Hi Jerry and Carol I also live in Texas . I live in Lake Jackso,Texas . I just purchased a 1994 Hi lo . I have also been looking for a place for parts so far nothing. However I have M& G Trailer Ranch Clute, Texas Sales and repair they are very helpful and have been great about finding what I need . They have been here for at least 20 years . You might give them a call . Maybe they can help you a trip and maybe some fun at the beach lol
MomaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #17
sam

Default Getting parts

Let us know what specific parts you need. Most parts are common to RVS. Amazon and PPL in Texas can be a source of parts.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote