Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Library > Reference Library > Lift System
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #41

camper16
I did NOT call the pump company and have no idea what your email address is.
I see after reading my post how you may have thought that. Sorry

kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #42

That solenoid for running the pump motor is an auto parts store item or maybe Tractor Supply. You should be able to get one locally. Take the old one with you but be sure to take a picture of the hookup before you take it apart.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #43

I ordered the solenoid before I saw your post Rich. Should be here Saturday. I emailed Rob and he said the lower valves are no longer available. He recommended I loosen one of the fittings and let the fluid out to at least get the top down. Ill update when I get the solenoid in and drain the fluid
camper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #44

I hope that works for you. It has to be getting quite aggravating. The solenoids are very generic and probably it doesn't have to be one particular model to work, it just has to handle the needed amperage.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #45

So today I received the solenoid. I completely took the pump off. Took it apart and cleaned everything really good. Installed the solenoid, and put the pump back on. Tested it with my switch and Boom! It works again! Flip the switch the other way, nothing..... Thanks to renoites for explaining to PUSH the pin on the relief valve. That what I did and it started coming down. Flipped the switch to go down and it went down fine. So to test it some more, I went back up. Then flipped the switch down... Nothing. Pushed the pin again to start lowering and then went to the switch and lowered it the rest of the way. So I think the conclusion is my lowering valve is not adjusted correctly and since that thing is broken on mine I guess I will just push the pin a little. IM JUST HAPPY IT GOES DOWN!!!!!!

Thanks soooooo much for everyone's help! It's very much appreciated.
camper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #46

New Member..

I understand there are two wires running to this solenoid....where is ground and is the switch line to connect to the inside of the solenoid ??
Mark Pickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #47
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

I'm sure some one will be able to answer your question. Tell us about your HiLo and tow vehicle.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:52 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pickell View Post
New Member..

I understand there are two wires running to this solenoid....where is ground and is the switch line to connect to the inside of the solenoid ??
Hi Mark, Welcome to the forum. To give you the best answer we need to know the model of your HiLo. Thru the many years HiLo used different components and wired things in different ways. The ground for the pump and raising and lowering solenoid is thru the case/frame. The power goes directly from the battery thru a #4 wire to one side of the pump solenoid. A #8 wire goes from the same post on the solenoid to the 30 amp circuit breaker to power the rest of the 12V circuits in the HiLo. The other large post goes to power the pump thru a #4 wire or metal strap. The small wire on the solenoid goes to the up/raising switch to supply power to close the solenoid contacts to run the pump. The lowering/down solenoid on my HiLo has only one wire that goes to the down switch. Hope this answers your questions.

2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote