Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Library > Reference Library > Lift System
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #1

Cool Pulley Sizes

I have searched the forum and only found the exterior dimensions of the pulleys for my 31 ft. Hi-Lo. I want to replace all the composite pulleys with aluminum ones. Some of them are already busted and have fallen on the ground below the camper upon lifting. What I am looking for is the center diameter for the bolt that goes through the center of the pulleys. My camper is at my son's property (where no one actually lives). I want to gather all the parts for the lift system to rebuild it before I go out to where it is. All the cable and related hardware has already been ordered. Just need to order the pulleys. Thanks for any help!

Khan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:09 PM   #2

Question pulleys ...me too

hey when you find out about the aluminum pulleys would you let me know where you got them from and what they cost. That sounds like a good thing to do. I also have a 31 footer (2004) and have done several mods to it already. Drop me a line and I'll tell you what I have done.
TC

Savage709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:13 PM   #3

Lightbulb drop me a line

hey Khan1960 I forgot to give you my email address...it is...LNT123@ATT.net
TC
Old 05-30-2019, 08:57 PM   #4

I also have a 31 footer! She’s been great!
Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:30 PM   #5

Default Pulleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan1960 View Post
I have searched the forum and only found the exterior dimensions of the pulleys for my 31 ft. Hi-Lo. I want to replace all the composite pulleys with aluminum ones. Some of them are already busted and have fallen on the ground below the camper upon lifting. What I am looking for is the center diameter for the bolt that goes through the center of the pulleys. My camper is at my son's property (where no one actually lives). I want to gather all the parts for the lift system to rebuild it before I go out to where it is. All the cable and related hardware has already been ordered. Just need to order the pulleys. Thanks for any help!
I do not remember the shaft size, but I replaced my pulleys and cable a couple of years ago. I used stainless steel cables. The pulley part numbers for those I used were 5RRX8 for the lower pulleys and 4JX69 for the upper saddle units. You can Google these numbers and get the specs. Hopt this helps.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage709 View Post
hey when you find out about the aluminum pulleys would you let me know where you got them from and what they cost. That sounds like a good thing to do. I also have a 31 footer (2004) and have done several mods to it already. Drop me a line and I'll tell you what I have done.
TC
I do not remember the shaft size, but I replaced my pulleys and cable a couple of years ago. I used stainless steel cables. The pulley part numbers for those I used were 5RRX8 for the lower pulleys and 4JX69 for the upper saddle units. You can Google these numbers and get the specs. Hopt this helps.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:30 AM   #7

Default how many

Richard do you remember how many pulleys of each size that it took to do a complete replacement?
Old 06-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #8

Default Pulleys

Hi Savage, if I remember correctly I used 16 of the 5RRX8 and there were four of the 4JX69 saddle type. You should be able to get an exact count by crawling underneath the trailer, they are all exposed. One note the new pulleys don't squeeze the cable like the old ones, I could not find any with the narrow profile like the old ones, but I haven't had any problems with the new type. I don't remember if I mentioned, but I did use stainless steel cable for the replacement. The new pulleys had brass bushings, so they should long lasting.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:52 PM   #9

Thumbs up pulleys

thanks for the info on the pulleys...so tell me where did you get the stainless steel cable and what lenghts were involved and where did you get them....what other hardware was needed to complete the rebuild. How did you jack it up in order to do the job. I would like to see some photos of this if they are available...thanks
Old 06-04-2019, 11:00 PM   #10

Savage there's a great writeup about how to do the job
here
RatsNest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:31 PM   #11

I found one of the old composite pulleys in pieces in the back of my truck. I glued it back together and the bore diameter is 1/2". Haven't found the replacement pulleys yet, but am still looking for them. I am working 6 days a week right now, so i don't have a lot of spare time. Thanks for the reply!
Old 06-30-2019, 01:38 PM   #12

Thanks Richard! I'll have to do some research!
Old 07-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #13

Where did you buy the pulleys? We have to replace so we are doing the whole trailer so we will not have this happen again! We need the bottoms the tops look good!

TMWillis13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift pulleys, pulley, size