Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 07-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #1

Talking 1973 hilo

My husband and I just bought a 1973 15 ft hilo July 4th. We had been talking about buying one for yrs but was not planning to buy one this yr as we were at camping world to buy a tough jack for 2013 forest river when I spotted this 1973 hilo so we made a deal and came home with the tongue jack and a hilo. We never even seen the hilo up. When we got it home it has a bath and seems to be the original. Interior is plaid green and yellow which someone covered with a slip cover. Floor is solid don't know what all works as of yet. We are very excited. My husband had the hilo up as soon as we got home. I should say we only paid $370 for it. The wall need redone and someone painted most of the cabinets shut. We are hoping to have this little gem ready to go next summer.

corgidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #2

Sounds like a project- but worth it at that price. Keep in touch and post photos.

Rick

link to brochures: http://www.hilotrailer.com/home/then

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote