New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 06-01-2016, 12:16 AM   #11
sam

Default Getting ready for trip.

I have a 25ft. 1990 classic. My Ac cord is on the outside just like the picture stroker920 provided. You push the plastic cover on the lower half over and pull the cord out. It plugs into an outside receptacle on the top half. Plug in before raising the unit up or you will possibly need a step stool. I have the same switches as you enter the HiLo on the right side under the cabinet. One switch will turn the outside light off from the inside and the other one turns on an interior light under the cupboard. Note our switch didn't always work. When we had to do extensive water damage repairs DH discovered the wiring was wrong from the factory. It was an easy fix. Just unstapled the false bottom in the cupboard and put the wiring in the proper sequence.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:25 PM   #12

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker920 View Post
Mine is an 88 and is on the outside. Thanks for the quote Motorpig! Anyways here is a pic of mine. The outlet it has a sticker under it stating it is for the A/C unit. That's how I figured out how to get power to it in the first place.
Finally got a chance to mess with this some more this weekend- WOW Thank you all for the replies! Stroker920 was pretty much right on, there is a little exterior outlet up high and a cord coming from the same box that has my power wire that plugs into it. Thank you all! Now I just have to get the bottles refilled...

Yttermayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
I have a 25ft. 1990 classic. My Ac cord is on the outside just like the picture stroker920 provided. You push the plastic cover on the lower half over and pull the cord out. It plugs into an outside receptacle on the top half. Plug in before raising the unit up or you will possibly need a step stool. I have the same switches as you enter the HiLo on the right side under the cabinet. One switch will turn the outside light off from the inside and the other one turns on an interior light under the cupboard. Note our switch didn't always work. When we had to do extensive water damage repairs DH discovered the wiring was wrong from the factory. It was an easy fix. Just unstapled the false bottom in the cupboard and put the wiring in the proper sequence.
Thanks sam, mine is a 91, so it's probably exactly the same on mine for those switches. I'll go out tonight to see if the AC cooled ok and maybe see the lights better. Right now it's very very bright out.
Yttermayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:05 PM   #14
sam

Default Thanks for the update

Glad to hear you got your Ac figured out. We have had temps in the 80sand 90s. Let me know if you need further help with your light switches.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote