New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 09-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #11

Welcome to hi lo life. Check the library section on procedures for cable adjustment and run a search on it. Live with it at the campground and don't do adjustment until you get home. There are precautions you will want to take . Also review maintenance section on cables and hydraulic systems. An old submariner should find this fun. . Good luck and good camping.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill p View Post
At the campground and it appears as though the right front corner is not fully raised. Off by and inch or two. I tried lowering and raising again, but it the problem persist. Any ideals?
What are you using for your alignment line? Is the upper and lower seal making contact in that corner?

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #13

Default Alignment line

I looked at the seals around the trailer, the seal did feel lower on the right front side and at night, on the outside I could see some light from the interior so I do not think the right front side is adjusted correctly. I will do some research on it. One other thing I have a question on is that my grey water tank was full Sunday morning (backed up to the shower), I used the water connection at the park vice my tank, I also had my 5 year old Granddaughter with me and probably was not diligent in monitoring her water usage. Is there any leak by associated with using city water? I did use the regulator with the hose connection. All in all a good first time experience.
bill p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill p View Post
I looked at the seals around the trailer, the seal did feel lower on the right front side and at night, on the outside I could see some light from the interior so I do not think the right front side is adjusted correctly. I will do some research on it. One other thing I have a question on is that my grey water tank was full Sunday morning (backed up to the shower), I used the water connection at the park vice my tank, I also had my 5 year old Granddaughter with me and probably was not diligent in monitoring her water usage. Is there any leak by associated with using city water? I did use the regulator with the hose connection. All in all a good first time experience.
Hi Bill - welcome to our happy band of HiLo nuts.

Unless you have some seriously non-standard plumbing, there is no way city water will make its way directly into either the black or grey water tanks. It will have to enter the grey tank by way of one of the faucets or the shower and the black tank is fed only by the toilet. I suspect you filled it mostly through the actions of your Granddaughter and possibly washing dishes in the sink, etc. We find that our grey water tank seems to fill rather quickly too, even though we are pretty careful about letting water run. As I've posted in other threads, I use the grey water to put out campfires, and that seems to keep things under control. (I have a large dishpan that I put the water in for that purpose - I don't lay a hose over to the firepit.)

Using a regulator at the city water faucet is good insurance against bursting the hose or any of the plumbing in the trailer.

Your noting of light at the seals is good evidence that the top could be raised a bit at that point. Shorten the cable just a bit at a time, maybe no more than 1/4 inch. You DO NOT want to over tighten a cable.

- Jack