Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 09-27-2015, 05:24 PM   #1

Talking Hey There :)

Hi everybody! I'm new to the group, I don't own a Hi-Lo but I'm very actively searching for one thats right for me.

Growing up my parents had an '80s Hi-Lo till our family grew out of it. Now I am going into my mid-20's and finding myself in a difficult housing situation but I am determined to make the best of it.

I am hoping to find myself a newer Hi-Lo that I can comfortably live in with my 4yr old Blue Heeler while working myself into a career that can actually support rent or a mortgage. I have to have a Hi-Lo because where my trailer will be parked has to be backed through an 8' tall carport. (Plus Hi-Los are such a nice trailer anyway!)

I will be towing my trailer with my 2008 Chevy Trailblazer when I do get a chance to go camping though so the Hi-Lo will also be a lot easier to control from what I hear.

So thats all about me.
I'm open to comments, questions and advice if you have them!
I'm so excited to be in this group!

HowseKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum!!

First, before you start shopping for a Hi-Lo, find out what the tow rating is for you vehicle. Does it have a tow package, what is the rear axle ratio, etc? Once you have that figured out then look for a trailer whose gross weight is less than and ideally 80% of that. Many fall in love with a certain trailer then find out their TV won't handle it.

http://www.trailerlife.com/trailer-towing-guides/

Members of the Forum can help you figure things out.

RichR

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
Site Team

WELCOME HowseKat, all the way from Fla. I hope you find the perfect Hi Lo and soon. Just ensure you do a thorough inspection before you pay. It took me almost 4yrs to find the one I wanted and drove 1400+ miles round trip to get it. Still happy and proud of it. Best of luck.

Treeclimber
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #4

Good luck in your search HowseKat. I see a lot of nice Hi Lo's advertised up there in the NW. I have also been searching for the "one" Hi Lo for me, but I limit my search to the eastern USA since I live in Florida. It's always good to live within your means as you get established in life.
Go Camp
GoCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:55 AM   #5

Welcome from NC
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowseKat View Post
Hi everybody! I'm new to the group, I don't own a Hi-Lo but I'm very actively searching for one thats right for me.

Growing up my parents had an '80s Hi-Lo till our family grew out of it. Now I am going into my mid-20's and finding myself in a difficult housing situation but I am determined to make the best of it.

I am hoping to find myself a newer Hi-Lo that I can comfortably live in with my 4yr old Blue Heeler while working myself into a career that can actually support rent or a mortgage. I have to have a Hi-Lo because where my trailer will be parked has to be backed through an 8' tall carport. (Plus Hi-Los are such a nice trailer anyway!)

I will be towing my trailer with my 2008 Chevy Trailblazer when I do get a chance to go camping though so the Hi-Lo will also be a lot easier to control from what I hear.

So thats all about me.
I'm open to comments, questions and advice if you have them!
I'm so excited to be in this group!
Welcome to the forum. Here's a couple of good link to look at for Hi-Lo's. Good luck!

Hi Lo RVs & Motorhomes for Sale | Used Motorhomes & RVs on Oodle Marketplace

New and Used RVs For Sale - Fleetwood, Airstream, Winnebago, Keystone, Forest River, Newmar - RVTrader.com

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote