Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 03-20-2017, 09:16 PM   #1

Default Hi Everyone

I'm Karmen, always loved to camp and was recently given a Hi Lo camper, thinks it's a 1990. There's so much to learn! Any input any of you may have about camping, operating, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Karmenday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

What lenght is your HiLo? Is it a Classic? In the library section is a manual that is posted for my 1990 HiLo 25ft. Also in the forum is posted operational videos. We are here if you have any questions. Would love to see pictures.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:29 AM   #3

Default Hi Sam

It seems a bit confusing how to put photos on here. It's not just selecting and adding from what I'm seeing so I have to figure that out or I would absolutely love to put photos on because I don't know too much about this camper honestly. I have bits of a manual but most of it is missing like the part that tell you what it exactly is. I think today I'll try the ?Vin ?number and see if I can come up with anything- I think that's what it's called on these things, not sure. I'm going to need a whole lot of input on this If people are willing to walk me through some of the stuff! Best to speak to someone who knows I little bit about this kind of stuff instead a break in my head watching YouTube videos, questions don't get answered lol... thanks for replying! I didn't read a lot of the threads because it was late last night but aren't you the one that recently got one free as well?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:32 AM   #4

Hi karmen i'm Mike nice to meet you.
maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #5

Hi Mike, nice to meet you as well! Thank you all for Welcoming me into your group.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #6

Hi karmen yes I got a free 1964/65 . I don't know much at all about he newer ones past that lol I am sure I can figure them out tho. f I had too. my sis just got a 49 foot 5th wheel. shes in fla. right now tho. just doing what I can as best I can, to make mine comfy and hassle free, to boondock ,or go to campground. since it was free I can afford to spend a few bucks on it anyways. how's yers coming along? yeah I have posted many pics some good some not so good it isn't no where near done yet tho. mike been laid up.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #7

it's a voyager 15' actually they measure them from bumper to front of tongue I guess. box is like 12' x 8 '. 74" wide and like 80 some inches long. idk i'm close, the box is. I need 4, 76 inch shower curtains for my drapes for side to side. it's only 74" wide. my tile I need 23 square feet with the isle ways and all. I have all original stuff some I got rid of only thing I didn't keep was ice box and 3 burner stove. I have the table and all else even the hammock that goes across top on front. with brackets. I have done a lot to it customizing it with 12vdc and 120vdc.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #8

can't beat given lol especially one you got that new congrats
Old 03-21-2017, 09:57 PM   #9
sam

Default Sorry,Not real good with computers

You could make a photo bucket to post pictures. Some where on the forum are directions for posting pictures. I'm sure we will get your questions answered.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #10

Library Slideshow by Karmenday | Photobucket
Hope I did this correctly, thank you for the support-if you are able to see the photos you will see in the last pictures where I'm at right now and a lot of the walls look like this, unable to get the top cabinets down or figure out how anyway. I most likely will not be using them again because the mold is terrible and I don't want to put that back in here. Is this even worth doing from the way it looks now? Seems the whole roof and the walls have to be redone, flooring looks decent right now and it's pretty sturdy, some of the cabinets can be reused if I clean them up real good. I spoke to a guy in Ohio with the repair shop and he told me it was a B 25 voyager 21 foot 1989. I still have to look that up. It seems a bit overwhelming, but life is a bit overwhelming but we all push through! Thanks again for your input, any and all is appreciated! Karmen
Old 03-27-2017, 02:13 AM   #11
sam

Default Saw your pictures

Now I see why this was a free HiLo. It is a shame about the amt. of water damage. I had some wall damage in my 1990 25ft. Classic. Start by putting cardboard down on the floor and all counter tops. Duct tape your seams on the floor. Take pictures of your drapery hardware and do measured drawings. A good place to start is replacing the roof both inside and outside. Didn't have to do ours. Other forum members have replaced roofs. Next you would take your interior walls down to the fiberglass. A multi tool works real good.You will need to raise the HiLo up and put 2x4s on the exterior corners. Mark your screws between the tires on the drivers side. Then You can loosen the bolts to be able to mostly get the halves apart. The walls consist of 1/8th paneling,styrofoam sheets and 1/8 paneling with wall paper on it. Harbor freight is good for the multitool and razor blades. Cable replacement in my 1998 24TD 3-3-2010 explaines how to break te HiLo apart and shows the boards at the exterior corners. If you have some time,energy and about $2.000 for material. Today I will get my DD to post the link to our photo bucket restoration story. Don't throw away any cupboards. They can be washed out and freshened up with Early American stain by Minwax. It is hard for me to explain all the steps and tools you will need. If my memory is correct the top cupboards were uninstalled by lifting out the thin bottom and then removing screws. Have a helper as they are a little heavy. You will need to take out all of your windows and reseal. I'll explain this when you get to this step.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:19 AM   #12
sam

Default More remodel/restoration.

The reason our walls got water damaged is because we didn't realize the the windows needed to be taken out and resealed. Other supplies needed..tubes of heavy duty liquid nails. Two tubes per 4x8 sheet of paneling. Cheapest at Walmart. Bondo to put on the inside fiberglass to seal it up of small holes you can't even see. Can of foam sealent.butyl tape.Lexel caulk,Good respirator.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:25 AM   #13
sam

Default Is this worth doing?

Only you can answer this question. It could take you a year working evenings and weekends. Are you handy? And do you want to put the $ into this.? These older RVS are sturdier than new ones.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #14

We had a 1986 that looked just like this model. Used as a guest trailer for many years. Lots of memories. Recently bought a 1999 Hi-Lo Classic 2299. Loving it.

Harmony Lodge is offline   Reply With Quote