New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 08-11-2016, 06:54 AM   #11

That Snyder Trailer Co., Butler, OH tag gave it away. That is the original Hi-Lo company name.

Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:24 AM   #12

Many thanks for the link underpsi, mod 531-S comes close to what I have in the floor plan but it is a tad bit longer by about a foot and a half. The custom made bunks I thought the person before me just made two cots out of steel pipes and canvas, almost like a crude stretcher that attaches to the ceiling as well just above the eating area. I will post picture's of that later, I guess what was picked up for 25.00 dollars was not a bad deal after all. Mind you it will more in likely cost a tad bit more to try and bring it back to its original specs a majority of the unit has had some re-modifications added to it which I think the unit may not had when purchased by the previse owner, to my understanding I was told that he bought it someplace in the U.S. of A. back in the early 60's and brought it back to Canada with him where it pretty much toured this country till the late 80's when the axel got broken and was taken off the road. For me to get a proper plate for this unit we have to replace the axel again I will post pictures later, and the take it to a Government inspection Depoe to have it safety inspection before I can put a proper plate on in. Unfortunately I may have to re-modify and change the original axel to a new one which runs about 1,000. dollars anyway again many thanks for the information it is greatly appreciated take care. And as my cowboy hero use to say at the end of his shows " Happy Trails To You." Thanks again.

Lsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsmitty View Post
Thanks for the info I am posting a few more photo's the ice box fridge, was a challenge spent a better part the day cleaning it of old paint and oil storage but now I think it is useable once more.
Attachment 5348

Attachment 5349

Attachment 5350
thanks again take care.
Good luck with the remodel and do return for additional help, if needed. Look forward to seeing pictures of "work in progress".

1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote