Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 10-14-2017, 08:01 AM   #1

Smile Loving our Hi lo in Tx

Hi, all. We picked up our gently used 2204T in Las Cruces, NM, and couldn't wait to get it camping. Our first trip was the next weekend in Palo Duro State Park. We absolutely love it after fighting our 83 Coleman Sequoia for 10 years.

Two weeks later, I rolled our tow vehicle - 05 Buick Ranier - on the way to work. Totaled it, especially after they cut the top off to get me out. Lots of bruising and abrasions, but ok otherwise. Replaced it with 06 Yukon Denali with 6.0 L engine. This will take the mountains and wind easier, but what a gas hog.

Had a second trip scheduled for Columbus Day weekend but had to reschedule to be sure we had a tow vehicle. Gives me a little while to fix some of the minor things I found on the first trip.

I do have a question. P.O. didn't mention the switch location for the FW pump and I've been unable to locate one. Where should I look?

I've read some posts and am excited to read more to be prepared for when something goes wrong.

Towlite 2204T
06 GMC Yukon Denali XL
Txbigronw1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:31 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi, Ron and Pam - welcome and glad to hear you're enjoying your HiLo! Sorry to hear about your old vehicle though, glad you're all right.

In my HiLo, and in most others, the Fresh Water Pump switch is on the holding tank monitor panel. If not there, it should be in that vicinity.

- Jack

Old 10-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #3

Thanks, Jack. I'll take a look at it this afternoon when I'm putting the last of our pre-trip stuff in. It's finally the beginning of the camping season in Texas! Yahooo!

Towlite 2204T
06 GMC Yukon Denali XL
Txbigronw1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

Our members are very friendly and helpful. Just ask any questions you may have. Take some time to watch the operational videos. Have a blast camping.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote