Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 07-28-2016, 07:58 PM   #1

Default New 2204T owner

Hi, my name is Larry and we just purchased our 2204T this weekend. Love it coming from a 17 yr old Coleman Bayside Elite we bought new; time to put her down. The Hi Lo is great as we picked it up 450 miles from home and had an opportunity to use it from the very first. Spent the weekend getting to know each other in Manistee National Forrest, MI. Tows like a dream, even in heavy truck traffic. Immediately planning on changing out interior to LEDs for lighting and tail lights then recaulking and sealing roof. Rained enough to keep us inside enjoying our Wisconsin brats and a beer and celebrating a dry interior in a halacious Midwest storm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rig.jpg (169.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Outside Hilo.jpg (252.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Bratsinstorm.jpg (169.4 KB, 26 views)

RedBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

We have a great informative video series posted on how to operate the HiLo. You have joined a great big friendly group of HiLo owners. I would recomend Lexel caulk for any sealing. It sells for about $8.00 a tube at ACE hardware or on line. Glad to hear you had a great maiden voyage.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:59 PM   #3

Hi Red Baron! Love your new Hi-Lo!! We are also from Wisconsin and would welcome you to join the Wisconsin HI-Way LOafers. We are planning a group camping trip for the weekend after Labor Day and would love you to join in!!

Oldyweds
2007 19Towlite
Ford F-150
Oldyweds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyweds View Post
Hi Red Baron! Love your new Hi-Lo!! We are also from Wisconsin and would welcome you to join the Wisconsin HI-Way LOafers. We are planning a group camping trip for the weekend after Labor Day and would love you to join in!!

Oldyweds
2007 19Towlite
Ford F-150
Thanks Oldyweds. Working on wife getting wkend of 11 Sept off, will confirm. Where is meet at?

Larry
Como, Lake Geneva, WI
Old 07-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #5
Site Team

RedBaron, Welcome to the forum! I believe your world of camping will change with a Hi Lo. I also changed over to LEDs. Big difference, both inside and out. I changed my brake and turns signals to LEDs, but they still looked dim and slow to me. So I turned to Amazon and found these: "Pair 17" red LED sealed trailer stop, tail and turn bar", about $26. I mounted them Vertically and they truly made all the difference. Inside I used "WARM" LEDS. Best of luck!
Treeclimber
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #6

Welcome. I was camped in that same storm up by Bayfield, Wi. Noisy, isn't it??

Looks like a very nice unit. With two batteries and full tanks you can boon dock forever. I recommend Pictured Rocks Lake shore in September- October. Enjoy!

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #7

Nice camper! I have the same one (although mine has an upper bunk)and really dig it!

I'm just curious, what does upgrading the outside lights to LED benefit?
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
Nice camper! I have the same one (although mine has an upper bunk)and really dig it!

I'm just curious, what does upgrading the outside lights to LED benefit?
Brighter lighting, less drain on the battery, longer life and less heat generated.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:55 PM   #9

Cool, I didn't realize that the outside lights were draining on the rv batteries too. I've upgraded the inside to led's but it sounds like it might be beneficial to do the outside too.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:21 PM   #10

Congratulations on your purchase. We also have a 22 footer we bought last year. We've taken her on two camping trips so far. The kids are loving it.
low pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
Cool, I didn't realize that the outside lights were draining on the rv batteries too. I've upgraded the inside to led's but it sounds like it might be beneficial to do the outside too.
The outside lights would have no effect on the trailer battery but would effect the TV battery. I think the greatest benefit to having LED outside lights is that they are more brilliant than incandescent lights and illuminate faster. You can replace bulbs with LED but you should use red LED bulbs rather than white, they show up better. Better yet, buy taillights with the LED built in.

LED RV Tail Lights from Bargman - PPL Motor Homes

Our 2310H came with LED lights all the way around. If you can't see the taillights you have to be blind.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniceptor86 View Post
Brighter lighting, less drain on the battery, longer life and less heat generated.
Well oops! I missed the "outside" word. Outsides do not drain the coach battery, well except for the door light. But the LED's tail/stop/marker lights are brighter and last longer. Plus the brake and turn really visually "pop" when the turn off and on which may get others' attention. Not to mention the cool factor!
Old 07-30-2016, 09:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
The outside lights would have no effect on the trailer battery but would effect the TV battery. I think the greatest benefit to having LED outside lights is that they are more brilliant than incandescent lights and illuminate faster. You can replace bulbs with LED but you should use red LED bulbs rather than white, they show up better. Better yet, buy taillights with the LED built in.

LED RV Tail Lights from Bargman - PPL Motor Homes

Our 2310H came with LED lights all the way around. If you can't see the taillights you have to be blind.
Thanks for all of your good words guys, we appreciate it.

RichR, we don't have a TV in RV yet so can't really grasp effect of LEDs. Can you explain? Is it like unfiltered flourescent interference? Does it make difference if TV is DC or AC powered?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
Thanks for all of your good words guys, we appreciate it.

RichR, we don't have a TV in RV yet so can't really grasp effect of LEDs. Can you explain? Is it like unfiltered flourescent interference? Does it make difference if TV is DC or AC powered?

Thanks.
Sorry, I meant TV to be tow vehicle. TV is the commonly used abbreviation.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:18 PM   #15

Hi Red Baron!
Sorry it has taken a few days to get back to you. The Wisconsin group has not yet finalized the location, but that will be done soon, and I will provide the details. But it will be held for 2 nights of Sept. 9 and 10. We are excited that you and your wife will join us!! Will respond soon!!

Oldyweds
Old 08-02-2016, 09:07 PM   #16

Hi Red Baron,
As promised, I have information regarding the location of the camping get-together for the weekend after Labor Day. Please email me asap at mapastobb@hotmail.com since the sites are only being held for us for a few days. Thanks!
Oldyweds
Wisconsin
Old 09-22-2016, 07:39 PM   #17

Default 22t

I have 22t04 also, bought new love it is easy to tow, enjoy
mail pouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:47 PM   #18

Default need instructions

My 22t lift cables need adjusting. When I lower top the front settles first. Do I need to have cables in slack position or can they be adjusted with tension still on the cables?
mail pouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail pouch View Post
My 22t lift cables need adjusting. When I lower top the front settles first. Do I need to have cables in slack position or can they be adjusted with tension still on the cables?
Here's the procedure.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f61/...1998-24td-125/

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote