Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #61
Site Team

At least now you know you can fit into a smaller camp space. They normally give the maximum "box length" allowed.

- Jack

JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
At least now you know you can fit into a smaller camp space. They normally give the maximum "box length" allowed.

- Jack
In my experience campgrounds are all over the place on this.

We've easily backed into campsites that are not to be used by a TT longer than 18' (ours is 24' bumper to hitch). On the other hand, we've had trouble maneuvering into sites that are supposed to accept a 30' trailer.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #63
Site Team

You're right of course, Raul. I've found much the same. But, usually, I could fit into a "smaller" camping space.

- Jack
Old 07-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #64

Default I just noticed ...

I'm a Senior Member. How can that be, I don't know nuthin about these things? Why I've not even been camping with it yet (excluding my own yard experiences).
Y'all be warned about the company you're hanging with.

Time to put the yard-bird on the grill. Yumm, yummm.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #65

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
I'm a Senior Member. How can that be, I don't know nuthin about these things? Why I've not even been camping with it yet (excluding my own yard experiences).
Y'all be warned about the company you're hanging with.

Time to put the yard-bird on the grill. Yumm, yummm.
I think you set the record for the fastest member to reach 100 posts! That's all it takes to become a senior member. Congrats!
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #66

Default So then

asking lots of dumb questions
and posting smart aleck responses

presents the keys to the palace.

I've learned a lot here and I appreciate it.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #67

Default I learned how to make it rain ...

yesterday evening I put out some fertilizer and so this morning I started watering it in. Six and a half hours worth of moving hoses until everything was soaked in. Within an hour of retiring the hoses it started to rain.

On and off, all the remaining day long. I didn't even get to play with the new toy (camper). I did check out my black tank repair and its still holding water. Extended forecast says not to bother camping over the forth, more buckets expected.

Boo-hoo, I was wanting to visit this nearby place: Engineer Beach RV Park. Have any of y'all ever been there?

Happy forth to y'all.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #68

Default Engineer Beach RV Park

Engineer Beach RV Park looks nice.
Lived off the Tenn River in UA (Upper Alabama) for 7 years enjoyed the area. Muscle Shoals, Ala in a dry county just South of where they made the movie Walking Tall. Still have a few interesting stories about that area.
But another good camping area.

Later Tim
69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #69

Default senior member

Well RCREYES and wrascal just have to give you folks an update. While wrascal may have set a record getting to be a senior member he took about 15 days to do it. I just became a senior member also, joined on 6/25/2013. 7 days of posting.
An interesting point, for both of us it took over 3 weeks of trying to get into this website. Guessing it was because we both had hotmail accounts. We both opened gmail accounts and got in. Now we are both Senior members.

I think that we have both learned a lot and shared a few things on the way.

Any rate still trying to learn more about my 1969 Traveler hilo and get out and do some camping with it.
See my "blog" on the hilo

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f17/...est-data-3278/

Later Tim & Nancy and a dog that wants to go camping.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #70

Default Show off

but I beat you (by calendar date) so you gotta listen to a Sr Sr <grin>.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #71
Site Team

Just shows how "piling it high and fast" pays off!

- Jack
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #72

Default sr?

Well I have a feeling that you are much older than I am anyway. So to the last record holder I say -- sr. This one time anyway. Hope you enjoyed it.

Good Luck with your getting your hilo ready to go. I'm picking up a battery tomorrow.

Later Tim & Nancy & a dog that wants to go camping.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #73

Default Ouch!

and I categorically deny it.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #74

Default Originally posted in the wrong forum

and will now attempt to move it to here ...

Several times I've thought (and then forgot) that I should insure this thing. Today I visited my insurance company. She said that my vehicle policy would provide coverage while on the road (which I knew) but not off road claims/example: a tree falling on it.

According to her sources, my Hi-Lo has a retail value of $14,995; I said no way! but that's what they're using as a base price for a total loss.

I elected for a $1000 deductible yielding an annual charge of $134; a $500 deductible was about $195 and a $250 deductible was $234/all annual.

One day next week, after ALL THIS RAIN passes, she'll come by and take photos, then she can submit it for coverage. Now I gotta weather the storm.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #75

Default I just remembered another question I forgot to address

Last week, while I was under my camper working on the black tank, I observed what I presume to be an abnormality. I saw no plumbing that'd dump my shower water into the gray water tank. It almost looks like it's designed to go directly to the nearby black tank. I should have taken some tape measurements to see where things really are as I was just guessing.

But, is that likely, or just an optical illusion?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #76

Default Trees

Well wrascal you know what they say -- Watch out for that TREE!! --
May you weather the storm. I really think the stuff that noaa is talking about is heading to Mex and Tex.

Later Tim
Old 07-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #77

Default With all the rains

I've ignored checking for drips/leaks on my black tank. It's just been too wet to paddle over to it. The end results is I never emptied the tank after several days and here it is now 8 days later. Earlier today I checked the level indicator and it said full, so that's enough testing. When the ground dries out I'll release it from captivity.

Another note ... I've asked several questions as I've continued this story, and they've gone un-replied to. That indicates to me that folks have quit reading this ... sorry if it became boring but I wanted to post my explorations story, start to finish, in one place.

Trying of make it easier for the next new camper fellow to follow.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #78

"Another note ... I've asked several questions as I've continued this story, and they've gone un-replied to. That indicates to me that folks have quit reading this ... sorry if it became boring but I wanted to post my explorations story, start to finish, in one place."

I think it is common, especially after one gets a new trailer and are all engrossed with figuring it out, to assume that everybody shares one's enthusiasm and urgency. I have this issue with my wife- I get all interested and involved with some task( a new truck, boat, idea....) and though she shares my interest- not quite as much. At any rate- keep in mind it is the fourth of July holliday and summer and lots of folks are out camping and not actively online. It also isn't unusual for folks to be tuning in only every couple of days or, even, weeks. So, I know when I have a burning question even though I am hoping for an immediate response----people tend to get to me when they get to me... sometimes I'll get a response a couple of weeks after i post. Often, I think, people simply don't have an answer. or,they don't have that much interest at the moment.....which is ok.

At any rate- as to your last plumbing question- I don't think you are likely to see any actual "pipes" etc under the trailer that you can trace to the holding tanks---at least I do not recall seeing any under mine. Most of those runs are done internally-so I think what you are seeing is what we all see unless you definitely have a pipe you are tracing from the shower, say, to the black tank. All in all, that trailer seems to be working fine.

Hang in there-

rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #79
sam

Default response to questions

Hillotool,I couldn't have responded any better than you did. My first thought was many are out camping on this holiday weekend. Some are on extended vacations. Many of the questions that have been asked have been covered in extended previous posts.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #80

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Hillotool,I couldn't have responded any better than you did. My first thought was many are out camping on this holiday weekend. Some are on extended vacations. Many of the questions that have been asked have been covered in extended previous posts.
Hilltool,

I personally have never seen a gray line going into a black water tank. I would suggest a closer look to re-verify what you saw. The older units may have been the exception but I do believe it is against health regulations to mix the holding tanks. I have made repairs to my tank using a patch mix that hardens very fast. It has held with no problems. If the tank is dry and no puddling underneath and you can get to the leaks, there are several patches that will fix your leaks[s].

Jerry Curtis
Fredericksburg, TX

jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote