New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 07-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
Last week, while I was under my camper working on the black tank, I observed what I presume to be an abnormality. I saw no plumbing that'd dump my shower water into the gray water tank. It almost looks like it's designed to go directly to the nearby black tank. I should have taken some tape measurements to see where things really are as I was just guessing.

But, is that likely, or just an optical illusion?
Jerry

I was responding to wrascal's post as quoted above. I am not sure what he is seeing but my trailer is not readily available to look at right now. He may have the identity of the tanks reversed. I believe my gray tank is the larger of the two.

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #82

Default I was afraid

it was getting booooring.

REF: shower and black tank, I knew that didn't make sense but can not see how the shower spills into the gray tank and physically how it is closer to the black one.

Now, who'd be out camping in all this rain (or heat if you're out west)?

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #83

The "heat out west" just gives us an excuse to drink more to stay hydrated It was 118 a couple weeks ago here but we went camping up near payson where the highs were mid 80's with a breeze going, it was great! No shovels, boats, or bunkers required to beat the weather conditions!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #84

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltool View Post
Jerry

I was responding to wrascal's post as quoted above. I am not sure what he is seeing but my trailer is not readily available to look at right now. He may have the identity of the tanks reversed. I believe my gray tank is the larger of the two.
sorry hilltool, my mistake.. It was a long day

Jcurtis95
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #85

Wrascal, You have to realize that a cold or wet day camping is better than a warm or dry day at home! That is my story and I'm sticking to it! :-)

Bob
Old 07-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #86

Default I just haven't tried camping WITH A CAMPER

what I remember is camping with another group of fellows, all dressed in olive drab clothing and digging slit trench latrines. That isn't my idea of a good time.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #87

Crawled under my trailer to look at my tanks. My black tank is the " most aft", just to clarify for those that may not be sure.

@wrascal--- I do not see a pipe under there that I would assume is the shower drain that leads to grey tank. In fact I see no pipes other than the drain lines for both the grey and black tanks.

@ at everyone- however, I never realized that my two cables in back appear to run through the top center of my grey tank. I assume it is molded in such a way to allow that but has anybody ever had one off and can explain what it looks like under there?

Learn something new every day.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #88

Default While underneath mine

I also noticed the cables running INTO the gray tank. I didn't try to follow them further.

I know I've been talking about draining the black tank that I intentionally filled up (to watch for any leaks), but due to weather and wet ground I never did. That is until today. The repair held -under load - for almost two weeks, now it can breath a sigh of relief.

An interesting thing I found was I decided to just pull the plug WITHOUT releasing the outer covering cap. I wanted it to just slowly drain. Well it didn't even drip which required me to remove it. Of course I was expecting a gush and I got it. Sure glad I knew it was clean dirty water.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #89

Smile Ice in commode

Sent u an email. Put 10# of ice through commode opening and then drive around for an hour or so and it scrubs the inside of tank to remove any "caked stuff". Then drain it- worked great for me when I bought my unit and seller had not used it for a year in Fla. heat. So there was some stuff in the tank!!!!!
Skyking
JoeJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #90

Default Just when I thought I knew it all ...

yesterday, in between all our continuing rain, I stepped into my raised Hi Lo once again. Noticing that one of the shades had slipped into a half nite and half daytime mode, I investigated.

Did y'all know that if you pulled up on the daytime provision that it totally opens up? Duh .... I didn't, least wise not until then. I'm sure glad I didn't follow my original instincts (two months ago) and cut the blinds free from its' tethers.

Still learning 'bout these remarkable l'il campers.