Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 07-25-2016, 05:34 PM   #1

Default New to the Family 1983 FunLite Vancouver Island

Hello everyone,
My young family and I just purchased a 1983 Funlite 16S Hi-Lo trailer. It's been amazingly well kept throughout the years. Only two owners and the first was for 30 years, garage kept. We just went to look this morning and were amazed by the condition and the function of the trailer. Everything works well and came fully loaded by the senior couple who sold it to us. Of note there are only a few areas to address First under the window on the door side it has a small crack in the aluminum which was from the first week of owner ship in '83. I has a bit of tape to seal it but I am wondering if there is a better fix? Also I noted 3 rust drip marks coming from what I would call the belly band on a fibreglass trailer but is along the roof. I assume this joins the roof with the walls. I am hoping that I can just reseal the band with a silicone like product and avoid having to replace the whole band as it is just a small 6" strip that is affected. Lastly the tongue wheel jack is not functional so will have to be either fixed or replaced, will used jack stands and bottle jack for now. Everything else is in great condition, we were amazed how fast the unit moved into HI position from lo. anyways we're very excited about our new trailer and about joining this great community. I only have the purchase pictures from the add right now, but will posted better ones once I get a chance. Also i feel we got a great deal in comparison to other travel trailers of this condition, paid 2000$
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hilow1.jpg (48.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg $_27-2.JPG (14.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg $_35.JPG (12.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg $_27-3.JPG (35.0 KB, 8 views)

Sartorius23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #2

Looks great. Congrats and welcome.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

I would not use silicone on any part of the trailer. Use Lexel caulk that can be purchased at ACE hardware or on line. For things that need to be sealed on the roof use Dicor lap seal. Looks like you have picked up a nice well kept unit.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote