Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > New Member Intros
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 10-13-2016, 12:47 PM   #1

Default New Hi-Lo owners :-)

Greetings! We just bought a new-to-us 2008 15T, and are looking forward to some great times ahead camping with it!

It's sturdy, and looks great inside and underneath -- no rust or leaks that we can see. Now I'm going to be learning how to do some maintenance before we take it out for the shake-out cruise: lube, new caulk, a few exterior plastic bits, new tires... I'd appreciate any advice you've got for us rookies!

thanks!

Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #2

If you don't already have one, you can probably find an owner's manual if you look near the bottom of the forum homepage under the red banner that says "Library", and under that in the sub-forums, there's a button for "Hi Lo Owner's Manuals".

There is also a collection of videos that are very informative, around 30 individual videos in total. They can be found here:

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...-youtube-1233/

Sounds like you've got the priorities right......lube (pack bearings and lube lift mechanism & cables), check for any leaks & new tires. Have brakes checked/adjusted. Many are installing LED bulbs (available on Amazon & other sites for relatively inexpensive).

Post any specific questions, this is a friendly group and we don't kid anyone too hard!

piperjim

piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:11 PM   #3
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

You will have many great adventures with your new to you HiLo.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #4

Default thanks!

Thanks for the great advice and kind words, piperjim and sam!

We've downloaded the videos and have watched them, and have read the manual and catalogue -- and will be re-watching and re-reading quite a bit to get the details straight, I'm sure!

Also joined the Texas HiLo Campers group today. It's a shame that we missed out on the annual Hi-Lo Rally in Houston -- but hope to get to next year's, if it's driveable!
Old 10-14-2016, 08:52 PM   #5

Good deal! I saw the notice for this year's rally, but couldn't get excited about leaving Colorado to go to Houston in June! But, it sounds like a great time was had by all, and we all know about Texas hospitality. Next year's rally is in Nashville and we hope to make that since it's our home state.

With a 2008 model Hi-Lo you shouldn't have too many maintenance issues if it was cared for by previous owner(s). Lube the lift system good, including removing the wooden trim pieces on top of bottom walls so you can get to the cables. Lube that ram at the hydraulic cylinder. I did all that today, and winterized the plumbing system. Then spent some time getting old adhesive off the outside. Looks like a previous owner had some Good Sam club stickers and the old adhesive was collecting dirt and grime. I'll give it a wash and wax next week and it should be good for the winter. Too bad old man winter will soon be here and camping season will be over, at least for us.
piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote