Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 07-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #1

Default New member with a question

I just joined the group a few minuites ago so I could learn more abou Hi-los.
Will be going to look at a 2001 27' Classic this afternoon, but from looking at the owners manuals on this site I don't see where they made a classic in 01. When looking at it how does one determine the year model? Anything special I should check out when looking at it? I am an experenced rver but never with a Hi-Lo, so any info will be appreciated.

thylton
Sulphur, La.

thylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #2

The model year can start as early as July +/-. For example: an 07/09 date can be a 2010 model. The title will give the correct model year.

RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #3

Default pvanwink

I was about to purchase a HiLo on Wed-and while looking online discovered that the company had gone out of business. Now, I am wondering if I should make the purchase due to not being able to buy parts in the future! Any advice would be appreciated.
pvanwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #4

There are many parts on a Hi-Lo that are generic to many brands of travel trailers. The lift system is really the unique part and most of those parts can be tracked down, Hi-Lo did not make them. With proper maintenance in the past and into the future the trailer should last for many years. Just make sure everything is in proper working order before you buy.

We bought a 2310H back in March and our dealer said if Hi-Lo goes out of business he will continue to take care of our service needs. The Hi-lo dealers that are still out there will in most cases still be there and will retain the expertise on how to make the repairs.
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote