New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 11-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #11

That is a huge difference in the 2400# you thought. 60% more - wow. The 3820# lines up with what other Towlites have weighed. Best of luck on a Tow Vehicle.

Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #12

Well, I remembered seeing a sticker that I thought said 2440, but dh said he saw one that said 2640...either way, 3820 is a LOT more.

I've been online/on the phone all day...House is a mess, children are neglected!!! LOL and I cannot find ANYONE that will rent a vehicle that we can tow our camper with. UHaul does, but there are two kids and two adults. Their bench seats only fit three. They're cheap too ...about $300/wk and free up to 750 miles....Reasonable IMO.

Anybody have any ideas? I am going to post on Craigslist and some of my Yahoo Groups...can't think f anything else.

Mary Kay

Mary Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to captbobster

There a lot of good tow vehicles out there, just make sure it's a Toyota
2011 Toyota Sequoia
captbobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

J & R has a certified Appliance service tech that services their appliances. this is the best bet on proper serviceing your fridge. they can tell you if it is salvageable,or needs to be replaced. also jim at j&r can go over everything that needs anything on your hi-lo. as far as the weight issue for your toyota, I would not tow in any hilly areas,get a good brake controller,a good weight distributing hitch, and you must get the biggest trans cooler you can, but realisticly, you need a stronger vehicle (one with a frame and at least a 5 to 6000 lbs tow rateing). Don't forget you need to add in people,fluids groceries,luggage,etc. besides extras such as a/c awnings,bunk,full propane tanks,etc. and the first thing to think about is SAFETY FOR YOUR FAMILY! I do not mean this in a negitive way, because you can always get a nother vehicle or camper, but never a new family because of trying to get by with what you have instead of what you need. Best of luck and wishes for your new endeavor.

j
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #15

Thanks robobd, we have definitely ruled our vehicle out. And if you can believe this one!!!!!:

I posted an ad everyone --on all my Yahoo Groups, Craigslist, anywhere I could think. I offered to lend our camper to someone who had a vehicle that could tow it and wanted to use our camper.

Within an hour someone from Craigslist responded. We've spoken on the phone. He has a gas guzzling Dodge Ram that can do it. We'll have to figure out insurance and all the details, but how cool is that? He's going to let us use his this Dec and we'll let him use our camper next August.

Mrary Kay

Mary Kay is offline   Reply With Quote