Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

New Member Intros Say Hello! Tell us a little about yourself and your camper; we're fairly friendly :)

Old 09-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #1

Unhappy Tiltout winch

I have a 2008C Hi-Lo and there is no power to the winch. There is no fuse for the winch in the fuse box or a circuit breaker for the winch. Where is the fuse located? I assume that there must be one somewhere. Where is it?

dougbethdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
Site Team

I suspect there's an inline fuse for it. I'd start at the winch itself and trace the +12V feed wire back to the switch. I imagine it would be in that line.

- Jack

Old 09-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #3

The few times I've had a problem with my winch is when the wiring for it had vibrated loose. The factory had put twist wire nuts on and they had vibrated loose.
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #4

The power fo the winch comes directly from the battery thru two circuit breakers connected in parallel. They are connected to the positive post on the battery. The elec diagram for the winch shows a fuse at the winch but on my 2805C it is not there. I think HiLo used the circuit breakers instead of the fuse. The breakers protect the wire as well as the winch motor. Make sure there is power thru the circuit breakers. They are just auto type breakers and can be gotten at any auto parts store. If you have power thru them then look for the loose connection. Also on my winch, the plate that trips the two limit switches that stop the motor has stripped out and does not move. I know when to stop the motor with the control switch. If your plate has stripped out at a position that has one of the limit switches in the open position you would not have power to the motor.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiltout, winch