Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Factory Hi-Lo Parts If your looking for original factory parts here's where to get them

Old 11-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #1

Default Hi-Lo parts and service store (Joel's)

This is the message from the welcome page of the website.

www.hilo-parts.com

Welcome to the only official Hi-Lo parts and service store!

Update: Hi-Lo Trailer Company has been completely liquidated of all inventory, materials, gigs and tools.

Hi-Lo Trailer Parts & Service: My name is Joel and I was formally the plant manager at Hi-Lo. I bought the entire remaining inventory pertaining to the materials used in old and new Hi-Lo Trailers.

My goal is to open a parts store online where valuable Hi-Lo owners can view parts and place orders at a secure website. I am working on locating “hard to find” parts as well as stocking parts that tend to wear out.

I am also offering service on all Hi-Lo Trailers. I have acquired all the blueprints, owner’s manuals, cut lists etc., and should be able to rebuild your Hi-Lo to its original condition. We can rebuild tops and wall, inside and out; and replace cables, bulb seal, cabinets, countertop, windows, end caps, etc. We can also rebuild your lift system if needed.

Right now we are scheduling trailers for winterization and repairs that can be done during the off camping season. Please email me at hiloparts@gmail.com

Thanks Joel

Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #2

With the HiLo factory being non-existent, how can he claim to be the "only official" HiLo parts and service store? Just wondering..........

retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #3

I think there are some family ties with the previous owner. I don't know if that has anything to do with making it "official" or not.
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

It would be nice if Joel and JR Repair joined the forum!
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #5

Joel is Jim Snyder's son-in-law.
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #6

Quote:
travel trailer rentals san diego
LIGHTWEIGHT. STREAMLINED.
FUEL EFFICIENT.

Founder Wally Byam knew that a rounded, low-profile shape would make towing easier and more stable. And he knew that aluminum would make his trailers as light as possible.

The successful combination of shape and lightweight design has made the Airstream travel trailer world-renowned for its superior structured integrity. That's because the Airstream employs semi monocoque construction, using a riveted inner and outer layer of aluminum stretched over the frame. This way, the skin itself becomes a working part of the integral structure.

Hand-built with a craftsman's attention to detail, the Airstream offers unmatched durability and strength for its weight. Just ask one of the more than 100,000 Airstream owners!
I've got a Fleetwood Travel Trailer and I love it
campaignin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #7

Hi Campaignin,

Welcome. You posted an interesting first message.

You do understand that this Forum is all about Hi-Lo / Snyder brand telescoping travel trailers?

Are you thinking about purchasing a H-Lo trailer?

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #8

rent camper trailer

Quote:
Today the RV rentals are becoming very famous especially for the vacationers. There are numerous reasons why people use to prefer motor home renting techniques. To initiate this you don’t have to buy any costly camper which you can only utilize for 1 to 2 weeks in the entire year. Moreover, with the expensive camper you will not have enough space for storage and the room for accommodation is also very less. There are also numerous other options available such as camping in tent which is a perfect option till the time camp is set up one time. Moreover, it is a time consuming process to set a camp with tent. For some people it is just like cumbersome. Some other options like motels, yurts and hotels are also available. You might be aware about yurts which are like teepee and they are generally set up on state campgrounds.
You can always try renting from Rv Rental outlet
campaignin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #9

Spam Spam!

2007-22T TowLite 50th Anniversary
2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab, Snug Top
NDgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Your quote isn't exactly right looks like you snuck some SPAM in it.
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #11

poprichie do you have an owners manual for a 1972 20' hi lo trailer.
gchogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #12

Question 2009 Hi-Lo stabilizer

Hi Joel, We need a stabilizer for our Hi-Lo 2009 Towlite camper...15ft. Do you have one in your inventory? If so please contact me at kesi1@comcast.net. If note do you know anyone who might have one for sale? Thank you! Barb
Barb Zerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #13

Barb:

Welcome to the forum!

The first post in this thread is from 2010 and the link given in that post (www.hilo-parts.com) is dead. Sorry!

But, if you need a hitch (I'm just assuming that is what you mean by 'stabilizer', if not please clarify) stabilizer, you can find those easily. A local trailer sales/service place will have them, as will your local UHaul location or your local Camping World. If you want to shop online, you can try etrailer.com for hitch parts (and many trailer and RV parts) at reasonable prices. But, unless you know exactly what you need, it's best to take the tow vehicle and RV to a nearby retail shop so they can make sure to give you the right equipment. You don't want to take chances with the safety of your rig, and your loved ones.

Welcome again!
piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #14

replying to a 7 year old post will not get you the info you requested.
Contact JR parts. the number I have is old,(419-883-3001) but others will chime in with new I would think.

steve
kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #15

You can contact J&R at jrrepair@centurylink.net or 740-392-1600.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:07 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperjim View Post
Barb:

Welcome to the forum!

The first post in this thread is from 2010 and the link given in that post (www.hilo-parts.com) is dead. Sorry!

But, if you need a hitch (I'm just assuming that is what you mean by 'stabilizer', if not please clarify) stabilizer, you can find those easily. A local trailer sales/service place will have them, as will your local UHaul location or your local Camping World. If you want to shop online, you can try etrailer.com for hitch parts (and many trailer and RV parts) at reasonable prices. But, unless you know exactly what you need, it's best to take the tow vehicle and RV to a nearby retail shop so they can make sure to give you the right equipment. You don't want to take chances with the safety of your rig, and your loved ones.

Welcome again!
I should have been more clear. what I mean by stabilizers is the leg in the back of the hilo that screws down to level out the rv to keep it from tipping. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #17

Thank you! Barb
Old 05-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #18

I am looking for an original manual for a 2009 Hilo Towlite. Any one know where I can get one or a copy of one? Thanks! Barb
Old 05-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #19

Barb; Those stabilizer jacks are to be used to stabilize an already level trailer not to level the trailer. If you use them to level the trailer or try and jack a tire off the ground, you will do damage to the frame and also the jack.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:36 AM   #20

The stabilizer jacks can be found at any RV parts place or eTrailer.com online.

As Jim L stated, these are just for stabilizing, not lifting. Level the trailer in both directions (front to back and side to side) and crank down the stabilizer jacks just to snug with the ground. Don't attempt to lift the trailer.

Owners manuals are found in the Library section on this forum's front page. Scroll down near the bottom and look for the section called "Library", then look for a button by 'Owners Manuals'. If you don't find a 2009 manual, you can use any from adjacent years. Hi-Los didn't change significantly from one year to the next. I just saw a 2008 owners manual in the Library.

Good luck

piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote