Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Hi-Lo's for sale
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 09:50 PM   #1

Default 2001 HiLo Towlite 19 ft Trailer (Model 1901T). $5,000.00

This trailer is in great shape and is ready to go camping. Located near Tacoma, WA. The unit is loaded:

--Roof-mounted air conditioner/heater combo
--Dual propane tanks, propane furnace, 6 gal hot water tank, 3-way fridge, 3 burner stove & oven
--Kitchen double sink, counter top microwave, flush toilet, shower, bathroom sink, outside shower
--12V battery, 10 amp converter, on board battery charger, stereo-CD player, TV antenna, 12V plug
--Sleeps 6: couch makes into a queen size bed; dinette makes into a bed; drop down bunk
--Stabilizer jacks, rubber suspension axles, 10 in electric brakes
--Bumper mounted spare tire, rear bumper storage, side pod storage, outside light.
--Tires and battery in great condition
--Propane tanks are nearly full
--Manuals, instructions, and schematics for all appliances and parts
--Always covered when not being used (cover included)
--Current license in Washington State through August 2018

The trailer raises and lowers automatically in seconds with a push of a button using a hydraulic lift system. There is a manual backup lift system in the event of battery failure.

Fiberglass sides and tubular steel frame, EPS insulation, and a metal roof: no leaks.

Lots of windows: the inside is very bright and open.

Towlite’s low travel profile gives greater stability at all speeds by reducing sway and buffeting caused by vehicles and cross winds. The low center of gravity and aerodynamic efficiency means the trailer is safe and easy to tow. The Towlite also provides increased fuel economy over a traditional trailer due to the low profile and less wind resistance. These trailers are built to last. Adult owned, no kids.

You literally could load your food and clothes, hook up to your tow vehicle, and go camping today.

I have an Equal-i-zer weight distributing hitch (WDH), which also provides sway control, and a Tekonsha P3 (top end) electronic brake controller that I will include with the trailer at no additional charge. I also have all of the drain hoses and fittings, stackable interlocking levelers, tire wedges, a dual axle tire changing trailer-aid, and numerous storage baskets and drawers that I will include in the sale. If you want to dicker over the price, none of these items are included, but will be sold separately.

Full disclosure:

I bought the trailer 5 years ago, used it for one week, then parked it under cover for 2 years, then used it for 3 days, then parked it for 2 more years. I am not using it and it needs to go.

Although everything on the trailer works when tested, I have never used the hot water heater or the furnace, or the heating element on the air conditioner. I used the air conditioner only once for a short time.

Although I have used the full-length awning in the past, I couldn’t figure out how to open it to post pictures. Hopefully, I will figure it out before you get here to look at it.

The ADCO cover tore on a rear corner when I was removing it. It is still usable with a bit of duct tape, but will need to be replaced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HiLo 4.JPG (141.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 3.JPG (109.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 6.JPG (100.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 8.JPG (117.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 9.JPG (115.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 10.JPG (69.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 11.JPG (77.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 1.JPG (148.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 2.JPG (164.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 5.JPG (109.7 KB, 21 views)

Old 07-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #2

Default 2001 HiLo Towlite for sale. More information and more pictures!

My wife pointed out that I had not taken pictures of the overhead cabinets or sink, stove and refrigerator. So here they are. I also took a picture of the overhead double bunk. The overhead mattress is like new. We never used it, but used the space for storage of blankets and a queen-size mattress pad for the couch bed.

I should note, as well, that all of the 12V interior lights were replaced with soft white LED bulbs for better light and lower energy use. I will also include a bunch of fuses that we keep in the trailer “just in case.” Everything has always worked, so I never needed to use them.

I will be putting the trailer on the Seattle-area Craigslist in the middle of the week, so right now the HiLo Forum is the only site the trailer is listed on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HiLo 12.JPG (96.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 13.JPG (95.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 14.JPG (96.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 15.JPG (109.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 16.JPG (86.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 17.JPG (102.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo 18.JPG (102.6 KB, 15 views)

Old 07-30-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Site Team

Your trailer appears to be in excellent shape. Hope you get what you are asking for it.

That's a great set of pictures, by the way.

Are you SURE that it's a 19ft model? Looks more like 21ft to me. I didn't think 19 footers had dual axles. Also has more windows on the side than I would expect.

- Jack
Old 07-31-2017, 12:44 AM   #4

Beautiful camper..Maybe one day I could own a beautiful one like that.....How do you messure these things Noone ever told me...Mine is about 19 foot and looks about the size of this one
Old 07-31-2017, 08:45 AM   #5
Site Team

Hi-Lo uses the length of the trailer from the front of the tongue to the rear bumper as the length (rounded off). Most (or all) other manufacturers use the length of the "livable box" as the trailer length, which excludes the tongue and the bumper.

- Jack
Old 07-31-2017, 09:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Hi-Lo uses the length of the trailer from the front of the tongue to the rear bumper as the length (rounded off). Most (or all) other manufacturers use the length of the "livable box" as the trailer length, which excludes the tongue and the bumper.

- Jack
Sometimes though, and it is noted, the length does not include the Rear Bumper!
Navy Vietnam Vet
Old 07-31-2017, 11:45 AM   #7
Site Team

Keep on keeping me "honest", Bruce! I think my aging brain cells are getting more and more things wrong!

Anyway, I'm more certain than ever that the trailer here is at least a 21 ft model!

- Jack
Old 07-31-2017, 02:37 PM   #8

Default Yep, it's a 19-footer

According to the VIN tag, it is a 1901TL, which makes it a 19-footer manufactured in 2001. I have never actually measured it, though, so unless it is mislabeled, I assume it is 19 feet.

Thanks for your kind comments about the trailer. It is a goodie!
Old 07-31-2017, 02:50 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcronk View Post
According to the VIN tag, it is a 1901TL, which makes it a 19-footer manufactured in 2001. I have never actually measured it, though, so unless it is mislabeled, I assume it is 19 feet.

Thanks for your kind comments about the trailer. It is a goodie!
Very interesting! There's another trailer that has just been posted for sale (that is not in such super shape) that looks to me like the same model. It's a 21 ft trailer. I really think your VIN is incorrect.

I'd be interested in the length, from the front of the tongue to the rear bumper of yours. If it's close to 21 ft, the VIN is wrong.

- Jack
Old 07-31-2017, 03:15 PM   #10

We'll darn, Jack, now you've got me curious. I'll measure it tonight after work. It does look like the same length as the other one.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:00 PM   #11

You got my curiosity up! I couldn't wait until after work to measure the trailer, so I stopped to measure on my way back to work.

I measured from the end of the rear bumper to the front of the tongue. It is, indeed, 21-feet long. Even if I measure from the back end of the box to the tongue end, it is over 20-feet. Go figure!

That makes two places the VIN tag is wrong. It also says the trailer was manufactured on 7/2000, but identifies it as a 1901TL. We discussed that point on a post here 5 years ago, and concluded it was like the car manufacturers labeling a car for the next model year.

Since, the VIN tag and the WA State registration identifies the trailer as a 2001 19-foot HiLo Towlite, that is what it will be, I guess. But the purchaser will really get a 21-footer. What an interesting turn of events.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:38 PM   #12
Site Team

Interesting indeed! You're right about the manufacturing date and the "model year date" too - mine was built in 2006, but is a 2007 model year trailer.

I think you've got a real "steal" there and you should stick with your asking price. Don't go lower.

- Jack
Old 08-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #13

I have a 1999 Tow Lite 21TL, I'm pretty sure, that that looks very similar and measures 21' 10" from front of tongue to end of rear metal bumper, but not the spare tire. The online Hi-L database shows the 21TL as being 21' 10" and as having a double sink whereas the 19TD has a single sink. Both have tandem axles. See-
http://www.hilotrailer.com/pdfs/1999-towlite.pdf
1999 21' Hi Lo TowLite
Old 08-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #14

it looks like mine- and I have the 22. I thought the 19s, in general, had a bathroom set=up to one side like the seventeens. This one defenitely has it centered along the back.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
Old 08-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #15

Doesn't this trailer's layout match the 1901TL shown here?
http://www.hilotrailer.com/pdfs/2001-towlite.pdf

If this is still around the end of August (unlikely) I may need to drive to Washington and get this. I am in Washington DC most of this month unfortunately.

I preferred the 17 foot length for our garage, but this is tempting.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray View Post
Doesn't this trailer's layout match the 1901TL shown here?
http://www.hilotrailer.com/pdfs/2001-towlite.pdf

...<snip>...
It DOES, Delray! I suspect that during his model year, they made what they called 19ft models "longer", and much more like 21ft ones. One difference though - in the floor plan, there's only one window on the street side. His has two!

So, I consider it an oversized 19ft one!

I'd love to have it too, but I also really appreciate the size of our trailer for the kinds of campgrounds we go to.

Regardless, it looks a gem to me - I'm surprised it's not already sold!

- Jack
Old 08-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #17

Default Posted on the Seattle-area Craigslist

I referenced the HiLo Forum, so hopefully some of those people looking will look here for a more detailed understanding of HiLo trailers.

I appreciate your reviews and comments about the trailer.

Ron
Old 08-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #18

Default It is gone! SOLD

I just sold the trailer to a very nice guy from Seattle, who I think, will be tuning in to this station as he gets into the eccentricities of the HiLo.

I cannot thank you all enough for your kind help during the sale process. The second person to look at it bought it. He has never owned a trailer before, so he has a steep learning curve ahead of him. I emphasized repeatedly that he needs you all, so I suspect you will hear from him soon.

I must say that I am a bit confused about the 19 vs 21 feet question. As Jack pointed out, the 1901TL in the brochure only has one window on a side, whereas this one has two. Oh well, I will leave it for the new owner to figure out.

Thanks again for your help.

Ron

Closed Thread