Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Hi-Lo's for sale
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 11:49 AM   #1

Default 2008 Towlite 19T for sale - It's Been Sold

Exceptionally clean 19 foot Hi-lo Towlite for sale. Dinette folds down and couch fold down plus there is a drop down bunk for additional space so at least 4 up to 6 people may be accommodated. Brand new low profile air conditioner is installed. Entire trailer and roof are in great condition. Trailer weighs less than 2000 pounds so very light to tow.
Generator and anti sway tow bar available at extra cost.
Trailer is $12,500.

Located in Colorado.

Larry

Old 03-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgullyatt View Post
Exceptionally clean 19 foot Hi-lo Towlite for sale. Dinette folds down and couch fold down plus there is a drop down bunk for additional space so at least 4 up to 6 people may be accommodated. Brand new low profile air conditioner is installed. Entire trailer and roof are in great condition. Trailer weighs less than 2000 pounds so very light to tow.
Trailer is $12,500.

Located in Colorado.

Larry
According to the brochure the Uvw is 3054 lbs, not under 2000 lbs.

Old 03-04-2021, 03:42 PM   #3

Scale weight is 1980 pounds. Hard to argue with that.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Larry, I suspect your scale is badly out of calibration. My 17ft HiLo weighs over 3000# without water in the fresh water tank, and, as reburroughs posted, the specs for that year's 19ft HiLo show it above 3000# too. I know your trailer weighs more than mine.

- Jack
Old 03-04-2021, 04:58 PM   #5

It was not my scale. It was a state scale. Sorry about that.

Larry
Old 03-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #6

Default My UVW is 3648 lbs. and probably heavier!

Yes that weight estimate is low. I have a 24' 2001 Towlite Hi-Lo and the UVW (unloaded vehicle weight) is 3648 lbs. with a GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) of 5,000 lbs. And that doesnt include the weight of optional equipment: my swing away bed is 80 lbs. and my roof air conditioner is 105 lbs.! The NCC (net carrying capacity) is 1352 lbs. NCC means the maximum weight of all personal belongings: food, fresh water, LP gas, tools, dealer installed accesories etc. These things arent so "lite"! But sturdy!
Old 03-04-2021, 09:52 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
It was not my scale. It was a state scale. Sorry about that.

Larry
Larry, I'm sorry I confused you. I did not mean to say it was "your personal scale". I was simply referring to the scale you used. The fact it's a "State" scale, does not make it accurate. Do you know when it was last calibrated?

I think, if you were to take your trailer to a different, CAT scale, you'd find it had suddenly "bulked up". If it actually weighs what you say, then the lower frame is aluminum and the upper half framing is balsa wood.

The lightest HiLo is the 15 ft towlite, and its Unloaded Vehicle Weight is 2100#. Is your trailer possibly one of those? Or, did you possibly weigh it with a lot of the trailer weight supported by your tow vehicle?

Honestly, we're not trying to give you a hard time here. Just trying to keep you from selling a trailer with incorrect/misleading information regarding the specifications. A potential buyer should have an accurate idea of what kind of tow vehicle he needs to pull it, and should not show up with a small SUV.

- Jack
Old 04-26-2021, 12:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Trailer is $12,500.

Located in Colorado.

Larry
My 19 foot M19T Tow Lite has been sold. Thank you for your interest.

Larry from Colorado
Old 04-26-2021, 11:15 PM   #9
Site Team

Congrats, Larry - I'll close the thread.

- Jack

Closed Thread