Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale

Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #1

Default 2506 Classic for Sale

25' 2006 HiLo Classic for Sale. Well maintained. New tires. New shades. New butyl puddy in windows. New water pump. Contact Bill Ickstadt at wickstadt@yahoo.com or phone 219/464-0374
Price: $11,500
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HiLo One .jpg (95.0 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg front right.jpg (89.4 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg front right lower.jpg (91.2 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg HiLo Three.jpg (95.3 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg Summer 2012 126.jpg (89.8 KB, 228 views)

Bill Ickstadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #2

Smile Still for sale? Price? Location?

Thanks-Joe

JoeJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #3

Location is Valparaiso, IN. Asking price is $11,500. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #4

Smile

do you have a list of all the extras..thanks Joe
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #5

Joe,
Here is a list of some of the items that were standard when new:
automatic hydrailic lift system, day-night pleated shades, deluxe sofa/bed with flexalator springs, dinning table converts into queen bed, solid wood raised panel cabinet doors, panoramic view front window, basement storage, rubber suspension axles, 10" electric brakes on all wheels, deluxe box valance window treatment, steel chassis, laminated fiberglass side walls, laminated aluminum roof, skylight dome in shower area, undercoating, 30 gal. fresh water, 30 gal waste and 30 gal gray tanks, 2-30 lb.LPG tanks w/auto regulator, 6 gal 110 volt/LP gas dsi water heater w/by-pass, 3-way refrigerator, high output oven range, microwave, auto-ignition ducted furnace, 4 stabilizer jacks, 15" radial tires,LP gas detector, smoke detector, CO detector, electric hitch lift, bathroom with shower toilet and sink, solar battery recharger, and T. V. antennna. Optional equipment installed includes 14 ft retractable awning and 13.5 BTU low profile air conditioner, I hope this helps.

Bill
Old 02-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #6

Smile

noticed Putty work around windows-any delamination in those areas?
empty vehivle weight -loaded weight and tongue weight.thanks Joe
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJones View Post
You could see putty work?
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Joe; HiLo used butyl rubber tape/sealant to seal under the window/door/vents/AC and other trim. It is one of the best sealants and will last for many decades when out of the sun. A small amt will work out around the edges due to pressure and hot temps, this is normal. Doesn't look too good tho. During manufacturing the guys may get in a hurry applying the tape and not get a good seal. This is where water gets in and rots ceiling and walls. Many owners will remove the windows and other items and reseal with new butyl tape to make sure of a complete seal. Its too late by the time you see water damage on the inside. This is not a difficult job and good insurance. An excellent back-up seal is to scrap off the excess buytl rubber that has squeezed out from under the trim and add a bead of lexel caulk/sealant around the edge of the trim. It is a non- silicone UV protected sealant. It is the best sealant out there. Not cheap tho. Google Sashco Lexel sealant to learn more about this product. Hope you find a good HiLo.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
sam

Default resealing windows

JimL. Excellent write up/explination. Our HiLo dealer recommends that HiLos that are ten yrs. old have the windows taken out and resealed as jim explained. We have done all of our on our 90 HiLo Classic. Takes time,but it is so much fun!! This can easily be a do it yourself job. I did a prior post on how to do this.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Joe,
Thanks for the question. I had the windows reputtied with new butyl putty tape. This was done the correct way by taking the windows out, removing the old putty and carefully installing the new putty tape. I had this done because, after six years the putty began to look a bit cracked in spots. I followed the wisdom that JIM L presented by NOT waiting until a water leak occurred. No delamination or water damage can be found in this unit. Thanks.

Bill Ickstadt
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #11

Default Weight

Quote:
Joe,
The empty weight is 4657 lbs. and the tongue weight is approximately 570 lbs. Thanks.

Bill I.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
JimL. Excellent write up/explination. Our HiLo dealer recommends that HiLos that are ten yrs. old have the windows taken out and resealed as jim explained. We have done all of our on our 90 HiLo Classic. Takes time,but it is so much fun!! This can easily be a do it yourself job. I did a prior post on how to do this.
Sam etal,

I would not take the time frame of ten years as gospel. I replaced all the butyl tape on our HiLo when it was just 5 years old. The elements and exposure have a lot to shorten the time frame. After five years, not all needed immediate replacement but some did. When it starts hardening and turning black and you need to replace one or two windows, do them all! It takes just a little effort and the butyl tape is not expensive.

Jerry Curtis
2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #13

Smile Learning

thanks to everyone for the great feedback. I just had a class four hitch and a transmission cooler installed so I can hookup a HiLo when I find it. Joe
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #14

Default Hilo

It sounds like a very nice unit and would n
Meet our needs. I will probably decide in the next 2-3 weeks. One area of concern is the ten hour trip wo a Reese WDS system. Is there someone local that can install hitch in one day and approx install cost if I provide hitch????
Thanks. Joe
Old 03-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #15

Joe,
I'll do some research and get back to you.

Bill I.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #16

Default Hitch Installation

Joe,
I found some information regarding hitch installation. Some installers will not install a hitch unless you purchase the hitch from them. Whether or not an installer will do the work might be determined by whether or not the hitch that you bring them is made for your vehicle. One installer told me that they will not install a universal type hitch. Most installers that I talked to will do bolt on installations but will not do an installation that involves welding. The installers that I found that might do the work are the following(listed from shortest to longest distance from our house in Valparaiso):
1)Classy Chasis (ph. 219/462-5181)
1000 Axe Ave.
Valparaiso, IN 46383
2) R+B Customs(shop rate is $65.00/hour)
440 U.S. 6 Valparaiso, IN 46385
(ph. 219/762-6000)
3)Campland R.V.(shop rate is $110/hr.)
1171 Lions Dr Burns Harbor, IN 46304
(U.S. 20 & Lions Dr)
(219/787-1040)
Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ickstadt View Post
Joe,
I found some information regarding hitch installation. Some installers will not install a hitch unless you purchase the hitch from them. Whether or not an installers will do the work might be determined by whether or not the hitch that you bring them is made for your vehicle. One installer told me that they will not install a universal type hitch. Most installers that I talked to will do bolt on installations but will not do an installation that involves welding.
I agree with you on this. Installers depend on the profit from the hitch as well as their labor charges to help keep their doors open. You can buy a hitch from somewhere else but you would probably pay extra for the installation. If you mail order a hitch you could have a hefty shipping charge, but you wouldn't pay that if you get it from the installer. Don't buy a universal hitch they can be a pain to install. Get the custom made no drill hitch then you know it will fit and go on quickly. My dealer friend could give you his opinions about hitches and installation.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #18

Is this still available?
dawnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:47 PM   #19

Default Hi Lo for sale

Our 2006Classic HiLo will be available at the end of July, 2015. The price is negotiable. Please contact Bill Ickstadt at 219/464-0374 if you are interested. This HiLo has been well maintained. You can contact Rob at J and R enterprises for some highlights. Rob and Jim have been maintaining the RV.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:39 PM   #20

Default New Message

Our 2006Classic HiLo will is available May 1, 2016. The price is negotiable. Please contact Bill Ickstadt at 219/464-0374 if you are interested. This HiLo has been well maintained. You can contact Rob at J and R enterprises for some highlights. Rob and Jim have been maintaining the RV. Bill Ickstadt