Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale

Old 01-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #1

Default Not quite a HiLo - but similar.

I found this posting on Craigslist today.
2007 Trailmanor Trailmanor 2720SL

IF? it's who I believe it is, he (the owner) treated me right when I had a brake controller problem.

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #2

Nice looking trailer.

Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #3

It doesn't match up to a HiLo. Try putting one up or down in the rain when the two halves aren't sealed together. And there are other reasons.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #4

All said and done it's an interesting setup. Opens front to back and up and down. Yes I would worry about leaks on that more than a hilo.

Later Tim
69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
sam

Default Trail manor

Some one in our HiLo club had a trail manor. They traded it in because of the leaks. Our RV dealer won't take them in on trade.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #6

When we were shopping for a TT my wife and I found a dealer that had a used Trailmanor and a used Hi-Lo. This allowed us to make a side by side evaluation. We were not impressed with the design and build quality of the Trailmanor. In particular, we did not like the weather seals between the tops and bottom. We also did not like the fact that they use a recirculating toilet (or a cassette toilet as an option). We had a recirculating toilet in our first RV and did not like it. No matter what chemicals one used, it was stinky. A cassette toilet would not be much better.

The advantages that I see to a Trailmanor are the light weight and the fact that the company is still in business.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #7

Apparently y'all were drawn to HiLo's based on quality. I was drawn to mine by coincidence; that being I wanted one that simply towed easily (raised /lowered the top - for lesser wind resistance/ parking) and that met my cheap-skate side.

Fortunately (according to y'all) I found mine. I don't use mine a lot and won't expect too much from it. If my bride ever decides to quit the workforce - and wants to travel - I will be forced to shop for something more. In the mean time it fits us quite well.

Now this Trailmanor is not (in my opinion) a bargain, but anyone looking locally that wants an aero-dynamic pull along may appreciate it.

Unless willing to travel, HiLo's are getting mighty scarce. This was just an option for their consideration.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #8

Default Trail Manor

I have posted before but will take another shot at it. I had a trail manor and now have a Hilo 2806. The trail manor was the smallest they made, I think 25ft open. One bed in front one in back, dining table, kitchen abd bath.
The good or better then HiLo. 1. lower profile 2. lighter weight 3. No pumps,motors,cables,pulleys or fluids. 4. Never heard on anyone having a leak on roof, sidewalls or windows. 5. you had to look to be sure it was even behind you, almost any tow vehicle would do. 6. warm and quite except in a rain storm, I never figured out why it was so loud in rain and so quite the rest of the time. 7. Bathroom was more secure as it had hard sidewalls. Tires lasted longer with less weight. 8. Set up in rain several times and never got water inside.

The bad or worse then Hilo 1. A little quicker to set up. TM took about 15 minutes inside and outside chores. 2. A lot more storage in Hilo 3. I hated the toilet without a blackwater tank. 3. More room in Hilo, especially with tilt out that ours has, bigger bathroom. 4. Better kitchen set up. 5. bigger fridge. 6. Double sink
We liked our trail manor and we like our hilo. Two different kinds of trailers. I know people on this site are crazy about Hilo and this may upset some but my personal opinion is thet the Trail Manor actually had better engineering. The hilo is definately sturder thus more weight. Heating and cooling here in Texas is about the same as we have air leaks in both units. I think seals are the down fall of this type of camper and makes one piece units better in that area. Just as a 5th wheel has =/- over bumper pull conventional the Trail Manor and Hilo are different but equally impressive for many reasons.
Hope this helps someone.
Brad Moss
Taylor, Texas
Brad Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #9

Default Not Quite A Hi-Lo - But Similar

Brad -- We did not like the fact that we could not get the TrailManor with a double axle except in the very large one. Also, the shower pan in the bathroom was smaller because of a vent or wiring taking up space next to the pan, and the overall holding tanks are smaller unless you have them custom added. But adding that item takes up cargo carrying capacity which is already low. I love the beds which swing out and do not take away floor space, but camping in cold weather with the wind whipping around those beds keeps you cold. Also, the arms to swing open the twin shells have to be adjusted once in a while; just make sure you set up on very level ground. Hi-Lo can be set up and be off-level by as much as 5 degrees.

Dee Tillotson
2009 2509C
2010 F-250 Powerstroke Diesel
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:02 AM   #10

Never thought I needed a double axle due to the fact that the TM weighed almost half the HiLo fully loaded. The tires were smaller and less expensive. At 6'4" and 225 lbs I still haven't found a shower I was comfortable in, but I am the exception not the rule. I found the TM and HiLo comparable in the draft department. The outside of bed was colder then the inside, like wise the head of HILO bed next to window and wall is colder then the foot of bed that doesn't touch wall.
Storage is a no brainer as the TM is not even close Hilo generous storage. I never had to readjust slide out arms on our 12yr old TM after setting up. I did have to work on the track one time.
As I mentioned before the are totally different trailers in my view. TrailManor is a greatly upgraded popup. HiLo is a regular travel trailer with a telescoping top.
Seems like all trailers have their ups and downs and all familys are looking for different things. I guess thats why there are probably more travel trailer makes then there are religious denominations in the world.

Heres to enjoying camping to all of us.
Brad Moss
Taylor, Tx
Brad Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #11

ive always been curious about these aswell good info !

M3SRT is offline   Reply With Quote