Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale

Old 08-09-2016, 10:24 PM   #1

Default An oldie but a goodie

So, as life evolves, its become a need to let go of a family member.
For sale, a 1975 Hi-Lo. 25 Foot. It has the full bath in the rear, two bunks and the dining area converts like so many do. Electric jack for help. The furnace still worked the last time it checked.

In 2004, my dad had his first battle with Pancreatic Cancer. When he reached cancer in remission status, he brought the camper out of storage for updating.
He lifted the top off completely, replaced all of the walls, redid the flooring, it got a new fridge, the outside got a fresh coat of paint..i'm sure there is more i'm missing.
We rebuilt the tow vehicle engine and added a turbo, and his setup made one more journey from our new home in northern Vermont, to Florida. It performed as it always did, without a problem.
As a kid, we traveled everywhere in this setup. We traveled from our base in Ohio, to Newfoundland, the Florida Keys and everywhere in between.
When he got back, he flipped the axles and started to build more storage underneath. At this point the storage is just framework.

Dads cancer came back last year. He fought and bought more time.
Its reappeared again this year, and he just isn't going to make it this time.

I've come here in hopes that someone would appreciate this old girl. Since he did all of that work, it made one trip. It has never been outside other than traveling. It has always been in a barn under cover and protected. Right now its in the barn, tucked away. If someone is really seriously interested, I can get pictures. The paint has not faded at all since, as its not seen the sun since that trip. He would like it to go to someone who would appreciate it for its age and the style of the time, but would also care for it like he did. I realize selling her is a long shot, but it would be nice to have this figured out sooner than later.

I have no idea what the Hi-Lo market is like. We've talked about price, and think perhaps 3500 would make him happy. Its in very good shape inside.

Located in 05873. Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll give you a phone number.
You can talk to him about it if needed, or work with me...I will be the one to bring her out and help get this done.

I hate to just join a forum to sell something, as I'm active in a couple other forums, but, it has to be done. Where else could be better than a place for Hi-Lo's?
Thanks for reading.

Edit: In talking with dad today, he did remind me that he did re-insulate the whole camper with poly-iso insulation while it was apart.
Sometime in the 80's, I was just a youngin, he hauled it to Hi-Lo, had them pull the top and replace the entire gasket between levels. Gasket is still good!
There may be more details added as memory comes back.

PfdK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #2

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I saw your post about the trailer, my husband and I are planning on moving onto some acreage in the next few months and are interested in what you have to offer. It may not be immediate, but am interested none the less. If finances go half as well as projected, the purchase may come sooner for us.
Thank you for your time!

SightListener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SightListener View Post
Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I saw your post about the trailer, my husband and I are planning on moving onto some acreage in the next few months and are interested in what you have to offer. It may not be immediate, but am interested none the less. If finances go half as well as projected, the purchase may come sooner for us.
Thank you for your time!
I added a little more detail tonight.

I don't expect it to be a fast sale, nature of the business. I'm wrapping my house cleaning up, and hoping to have a yard sale (i get to get a divorce during this, yay me), at that point, I will be able to tow her out of the barn and give her a bath, and get some photos. It appears you are a long drive away, I'd want to make sure you knew what you were in for. I have not been in it for a couple of years, but it was still very nice inside. Keep me posted. I would like very much for it to go to someone who will love it as much as he did.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #4

Hey there! Just wondering what the status is on the trailer...
SightListener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #5

I still have it. It's still in storage in my barn. I've spent the last year on projects and have let her stay.
It is still for sale, we just had more pressing things to do.