Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Hi-Lo's wanted
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo's wanted Looking for a Hi-Lo? Tell us what you want.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #1

Default 2001 - 2004 Hi-Lo 27 foot ***WANTED***

I am looking to purchase a 27 foot Hi-Lo expandable Travel Trailer by Tow Lite that is in really good to excellent shape with everything working properly. I would like for the year to be a 2001 2004 with absolutely "NO" water damage and in good aesthetic and mechanical shape. I am in the DFW area but would consider travel for the purchase from honest seller. Serious buyer will pay fair price. Thanks 4 looking.

dallasnarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasnarc View Post
I am looking to purchase a 27 foot Hi-Lo expandable Travel Trailer by Tow Lite that is in really good to excellent shape with everything working properly. I would like for the year to be a 2001 2004 with absolutely "NO" water damage and in good aesthetic and mechanical shape. I am in the DFW area but would consider travel for the purchase from honest seller. Serious buyer will pay fair price. Thanks 4 looking.
Welcome to the forum. They are out there. You just have to keep an eye out for them. Ebay and craigslist are good places to start. I find the link below to be a great place to start as well. Good luck finding one that meets your needs.

Hi Lo Travel Trailers for Sale | Used Motorhomes & RVs on Oodle Marketplace

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #3

Default Thanks

Thanks, I have also checked RVtrader and I will check your links.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #4

Default Road Trip

Well tomorrow will be my last road trip to check out a 2704. Hopefully, around Friday I will be able to get back and let you know if the trip was productive and if I am finally happy. I actually believe after four trips I have finally found an honest person with the trailer I want.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #5

After several weeks of searching for a good deal on a 2701 – 2704, I finally found one. I talked with many owners and was told how great their unit was and when I made the trip (one over 5 hours one way) the units were nothing but a high priced pieces of trash.

I found this listing Hi-Lo 2704T RV for Sale [Stock No. T055585] and thought one more road trip. I called Berryland Campers in Ponchatoula La. and spoke with Mr. Christian Borrouso. I explained the problems and he assured me it was in great shape. I made the trip and now own this unit.

After dealing with businesses for over fifty years, this business Berryland Campers and Christian Borrouso have put integrity and honesty to a new level. Everyone from Christian, make ready, hook-up and paper work made this the most awesome customer service I ever received.

Bottom line; I drove from Grand Prairie Texas to Ponchatoula La. and bought this real nice unit for less than 9K, $1,700 less than the identical unit 20 minutes away in Kennedale, Tx. Not in near as good of shape.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
gus

Congrats on your newly found hi lo, you must feel good that your patience and diligence finally paid off, especially you saved few bucks in the process. What were some of the problems with the ones you were finding from private owners?
gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #7

The one in Houston (east of Houston in Channelview) was an individual. The photos he had posted on Craigslist were really nice and after 4 or 5 phone conversations with both the husband and wife I decided to go. They both told me how wonderful this RV was. The pictures were nice, can you say "Bait and Switch"? The ceiling had too many roof leaks to count and the carpet and counter areas were covered in mildew and mold. Major water damage around the entire bath room. The screws on the divider for the bed room fell out from the rotted ceiling. Overall condition inside/out on a scale of 1 - 10 would be a stretch at a 3. Total waste of time with dishonest people.

The one in Kennedale at the RV company has no oven, microwave or TV with it. The water heater is questionable at best. The salesman knew NOTHING about he RV, the sales manager was not around for over a week to answer questions. No salesman/tech would be allowed to go over the workings until you buy it at $10,500. General overall condition around a 7.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
gus

Dallasnarc
Unfortunately craiglist is filled with scammers, alot of items advertised (not all), are stolen and you really have to be careful with transactions done with imdividuals conducting business thru craiglist, and pictures are always not showing the bad parts, before I got mine, I saw a nice looking hi lo on craiglist, called the number, and made arrangement to see it, luckily it was only 30 min from me, it had major water damage, none was Shawn in the pics, the guy bought it at soms estate sale, and he didn't know much about it, then we found one on Ebay and it was in better shape for less than the craiglist guy. we are happy with it.

gus is offline   Reply With Quote