Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo's wanted Looking for a Hi-Lo? Tell us what you want.

Old 06-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #1
Gone Traveling

Default Buying Hi Lo for Tiny home Housing in Hawaii. 2000 houses short of demand

Aloha all,
My name is Dave, Owner of Mainland to Maui RV Sales and Transport L.L.C.

I have been on a 4 year long journey traveling the Western States , buying Hi Lo trailers for top dollar.
Transporting them to the West Coast Ports and shipping to Maui. (As a one man band) Lots of flying and road time. 2019 I moved a dozen units here. By myself.
These units are a seriously needed commodity on island.
Currently, Maui is suffering from at least a 2000 housing unit deficit.
There are many land owners here , That can use these trailers to help house their kids, extended family members.
With that said. I prefer to deal with people who are on board with helping the cause. yes, I make money on these deals. But I also am always the guy with the best units at the best prices here on Maui. This Business was started in honor of my mother who passed in 2017. a woman who loved being philanthropic.
Down to business..
I need , immediately, any and all 17s to 28s year models 2001 and newer. They need to be in clean and working order. The market has changed quite q bit, especially with the Covid forcing ppl into smaller living situations and also now...wanting to get out into the great outdoors. So I will adjust my pricing schedule to accommodate.
Since I live in Hawaii. I have drawn on friends on the mainland to help me with doing deals...being my eyes on the ground and helping facilitate transport. Getting money into people's hand. Again, helping them out with extra cash.
So, MY 2021 buying zones :

Texas to Minnesota are open game this year.
And everything WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI.
Price to be paid. $4,000-$20,000 .
Again 2001 and newer 17 footers to 28 footers.
I pay CASH on the barrel head.
With many happy sellers as references on the mainland for you to confirm my business legitimacy and also will provide My ID and state business licensing that are in place.
Please help us out in the islands. I always always offer to let the owners come here for a week to Maui and stay in there once owned unit.....one last time. Life should be fun and generous, should it not?
Much aloha, and thank you for your interest.

**** I do not always get push notifications from private emails here .
SELLER PLEASE NOTE *** I will be on here more often now , but, look up the area code in Maui,Hi. and call me directly for time sensitive deals, ok.
Dont forget the time difference !
WEST COAST SALES WILL BE PRIORITIZED !
Mahalo 214-7042 Dave S,. Owner MMST.L.L.C

davidmaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:14 PM   #2

Why are you focusing on the Hi-Lo trailer?

Lou M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:17 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

Default Because

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou M View Post
Why are you focusing on the Hi-Lo trailer?
I like Hi Lo
Old 07-01-2021, 10:49 PM   #4
Site Team

Of course it's your right david. I think Lou is simply expressing the same curiosity that most of us have. I know if I were to buy a trailer just to live in, it would NOT be a HiLo. I'd get a standard type trailer that was easier to maintain, and probably cheaper for the living features.

I have a HiLo because it offers ease in towing, has hard sides and an internal toilet. So, it's compact on the road, but offers reasonable space and amenities when parked.

If you want to be secretive, that's your choice. Most of us in the forum don't feel particularly "private" regarding our reasons.

- Jack
Old 07-02-2021, 12:21 AM   #5

Wow. That seemed a rather abrupt and rude reply to Lou, Dave.
VJLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 12:45 AM   #6
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJLarson View Post
Wow. That seemed a rather abrupt and rude reply to Lou, Dave.
Really ? Why>?
Old 07-02-2021, 12:50 AM   #7
Gone Traveling

[QUOTE=JackandJanet;53492]

"Of course it's your right david. I think Lou is simply expressing the same curiosity that (most of us) have."
* ( How many "of us" do you speak for.... Jack ?)

" I know if I were to buy a trailer just to live in, it would NOT be a HiLo.
I'd get a standard type trailer that was easier to maintain, and probably cheaper for the living features."
* * ( Your assessment is incorrect and off base for the demand where I am)

" I have a HiLo because it offers ease in towing, has hard sides and an internal toilet. So, it's compact on the road, but offers reasonable space and amenities when parked."
* * * ( Hmm thats something there. may be on the right track)

" If you want to be secretive", that's your choice. (A.O.P.S.)

"Most of us " in the forum don't feel particularly "private" regarding our reasons.
* * * * ( then again, probably none of you are trailer brokers wanting to keep their business model intact , either)

- Jack ~ Ahhh the A.RT O.F P.UBLIC S.HAMING. Aint it sumtin'?

Cheet I put up with to make a living. geesh Lou ease
Old 07-18-2021, 11:25 AM   #8

I have the same question - why pay a premium for travel trailers whose primary benefits relate specifically to distance towing (low frontal area, low center of gravity & lower "sail area"), go to the trouble & expense of shipping them 2500 miles to a place where they'll never be used for their intended purpose, & consign them to a not-so-slow death in Hawaii's humidity and salty air?

Once they leave the mainland they'll never come back, & the pool of available units shrinks for those who want to use HiLos for their intended purpose.

Using travel trailers for supplemental housing makes sense, but why not ship over more readily available & cheaper used "normal" trailers that have more interior space? I don't get it.