Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Other stuff wanted
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Other stuff wanted Looking for something for your Hi-Lo? let us know.

Old 07-12-2022, 12:48 AM   #1

Default Bunk bed/sofa back cushion wanted

Hello everyone, I have a 1707t that is missing the couch back cushion, any color will do. Also the previous owner took out the bunk bed and I would like very much to put one back in. If anyone has one of these items or both please let me know. I’m willing to drive 6-8 hours out from Disneyland’s area. Thank you very much.

Guileinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:21 AM   #2

Default Sofa cushion

Have someone that has a 17T give you the measurements for the back cushion. Go to an upholstery shop and have one made up. A new cushion will be sturdier than the cheap foam in the original.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:22 PM   #3

Guileinca, I have someone that just asked about my bunk bed but if he does not want it I am in Lakewood let me know and what do you think its worth? Never used and never used the mattress either.
Scott
Oldcamper7124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:19 AM   #4

Sure let me know please. I don’t really know how to put a price on it, whatever you think it worths and if it’s reasonable we can make a deal. My email is guileinca@att.net. Thank you.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:08 PM   #5

Default bunk bed

Guileinca, I want to give them one more day if nothing then we should talk, by the way what city are you in? I am in Lakewood.
Scott
Old 07-19-2022, 07:51 PM   #6

I’m in Anaheim
Old 07-20-2022, 01:41 AM   #7

Default Your just down the street

I don't know what is a good price, I was thinking $300 but not sure if that is to much what do you think, I am open to any suggestions. By the way you're a short distance from me really I am near the 605 and Del Amo depending on where in Anaheim you are in. Let me know your thoughts on the price and even less if you help me unhook it.
Scott
Old 07-20-2022, 03:05 AM   #8

I can absolutely help you with that, I’m very handy and have tools . I’m available Wednesday afternoon but not this Thursday, Friday is good also. Please call me when you have a chance to set up a time. My name is Danny (7one4)-548-nine777. I’m about 15 minutes from you. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:57 AM   #9

Guileinca, bummer Mornings are best for me but we can make it work, what time today would you be able to be here? Friday would also work either early in the Morning of give me a time for Friday afternoon. I Drive Uber in the afternoons most days and go swimming M W F from 10 am to 1 pm so let me know 714-501-4198 Scott
Old 07-21-2022, 03:43 PM   #10

Sofa Cushion -- I agree with Usagi's comment. I have a 2004 17 footer. I just replaced the seat cushion for the sofa, with higher density foam from an upholsterer. It was expensive, but for my back, I needed more support when sleeping. Joann's Fabrics sells foam, probably higher density than the original and in the 5" thickness needed for your missing cushion. If you can't sew a cover for it yourself (I certainly couldn't) I'd bet the people at Joann's could put you in touch with someone who could do it for you, an experienced person, and probably altogether much less than what I paid for foam alone.

The dimensions for the back-of-the-sofa cushion are mostly the same as for the cushions at the back of the bench seats at the table, except for length, which is exactly the same as the seat cushion.
Lvnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:29 PM   #11
Site Team

When I replaced the foam in our upholstery, I had pieces cut at the "Foam and Fabric" shop in Tucson. I got pieces that were 1" thicker than the OEM size and were a much firmer foam type. They were not difficult to put into the original fabric covers and they have been great, since I did this back in 2007. As I recall, the entire re-padding cost was in the $300 range, which I thought was reasonable, since they cut it for me too.

I'm sure with inflation, the cost would be higher now though.

- Jack
Old 07-22-2022, 12:20 PM   #12

just a note on installing new foam into the covers (new or old)....Wrap the foam with a sheet of plastic...use a vacuum to suck the air out of the foam...with vacuum still running, insert the foam into the cover....remove plastic...
2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Brianagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:30 PM   #13

Thank you everyone for your responses, it’s awesome. I know what to do now. Especially thank you Scott for your beautiful bunk bed. I’m pretty sure we will enjoy it on our future outings.
Old 07-23-2022, 12:26 AM   #14

Default Danny

You're welcome, enjoy