Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Other stuff wanted Looking for something for your Hi-Lo? let us know.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #1

Question hardware for bunk?

Hi! I am purchasing an old Hi-Lo that does not have the bunk installed in the front. I would like to have one installed, but cannot find the hardware from other sources so far. Any ideas? Thanks!

sspiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #2

Default Bunk for Sale

We have a bunk from our 1995 26'. We'll sell everything for $100. Interested?

boxer46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #3

Default boxer 46

Do you still have the bunk? Where are you located? We have a 1970-something hi-lo and would love to get a bunk for it!
loriinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Do you still have the bunk? Where are you located? We have a 1970-something hi-lo and would love to get a bunk for it!
near Youngstown, OH
Old 10-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to sting32

Boxer I am interested. My problem is finding time to come get it. I might just buy the hardware from you (same price) do you think you could take the metal parts off the bunk frame and ship just that to me? I'm in the central part of Kansas.

if so I could be very very interested. Im talking about the kickstands and the folding bracket, and the latches, I think I would have to just build the bunk boards part here cheaper than shipping to to me or driving I suspect.

Lastly, If we could do this deal, would it be hard to get pictures of that wooden part, so I could build that bunk? then you could burn or whatever we cant ship easily IE cant get in the box?

thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #6

Default hardware for bunk?

Are you planning on going to the National Rally next June? We could bring it with us.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #7

The National Rally will be June 13-17th in Hillsdale, IL (on the Iowa/Illinois line). We could bring everything with us, even the mattress.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #8

Boxer tell me more about the National Rally you can e-mail me @ paulschoenfelder@pie.midco.net Thanks Paul
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #9

Default Wanted: Bunk Bed

Did you sell the bunk bed? I am interested!!
yopeanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #10

Someone sent email from here, to me...

Problem is I was the one looking for bunk bed, not selling one!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd
Cool making bunk bed parts

Hey sting, have you thought about just making the bunk bed parts? the swing assembly on the back wall is made from 2 pieces of 1" angle on each side, then you need 2 strips of 1 1/2 inch x 1/4 inch metal bar, you can use gate latch parts for the locking/latching front pieces, and then you can make the bed frame to what ever size you want, cause i know you have 5' in your back storage area, I'm sure we could come up with the exact measurements of the cable lengths and placements of all the bolt holes and parts lengths, It might be a pita , but just in case you didn't get the pieces from a nother forum member, it might be a fun alternative.
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by robobd View Post
Hey sting, have you thought about just making the bunk bed parts? the swing assembly on the back wall is made from 2 pieces of 1" angle on each side, then you need 2 strips of 1 1/2 inch x 1/4 inch metal bar, you can use gate latch parts for the locking/latching front pieces, and then you can make the bed frame to what ever size you want, cause i know you have 5' in your back storage area, I'm sure we could come up with the exact measurements of the cable lengths and placements of all the bolt holes and parts lengths, It might be a pita , but just in case you didn't get the pieces from a nother forum member, it might be a fun alternative.
Actually, I have not done any improvements yet, as the bed in question is in my camper's "toy box area" and right now we just use carpet and air bed. Plus there is an overhead cabinet in there, to work around.