Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 10-18-2017, 11:58 PM   #21
Site Team

I like the metal plate idea you and sam posted. I'd still try to force epoxy into the old screw holes though, just to reinforce everything. If you reinsert the original mounting lag screws through the metal plate into the epoxied holes, and then lag screw the metal plate to the trailer too with additional screws, it should be golden.

- Jack

JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #22

You might also want to beef up that epoxy by mixing something thicker with it. I've made my own plastic wood in the past by mixing in fine sawdust with the epoxy into a thick paste before applying it or shoving it into a hole. If you are near a marine supply store, or can get to an online site ( west marine etc) you will find a number of products that will help you do that. I find materials and equipment tested in marine environments are excellent for application on RVs. AS tough as we like to think of ourselves, nothing suffers the elements like a boat does crashing through waves all the time and constantly exposed to a wet, often salty, environment.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #23

Default Adhesive

Rick
That is exactly what 5200 adhesive is,,,,marine. They actually use in ib attaching keels to sailboats, of course in conjunction with bolts similar to what I will be doing. I will make a concerted attempt at figuring out how to post pics here so I can show what I have done !
Mark2cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #24

Sounds like good stuff.

To attach pictures, click on
"go advanced" instead of 'post quick reply.' Then scroll down to 'other options ' and click on manage files. You will be given an option to pick files, jpegs, etc from your computer. Follow the prompts and, I think, you can up load as many as three or four at at time off your computer.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #25

I am sure I am not doing this right...I would like to know if the water pump switch is the one by the door of 2002 HiLo. (the same one that will operate the lift)
connieinls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:16 PM   #26
Site Team

No, that's not right, connienls, and welcome!

You are probably fiddling with the Master Switch (a 3-position switch that sends power to the interior of the trailer at one end, prevents power from reaching anything except the fridge in the middle position, or allows power to go to the lift motor at the other end.)

The water pump switch is usually a lighted switch that is at the bottom of the monitor panel (the one that shows you the state of your battery, and the fill level of all the tanks.) When you turn it on, you will hear the pump run until it builds enough pressure. There has to be water in the fresh tank for it to do this and the Master Switch has to be in the end opposite the lift motor position for it to receive power.)

Have a look through the HiLo U-tube videos, starting with this one. http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...-youtube-1233/ One of them should cover the water pump.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #27

Thank you, Jack. I will look at that video now.

connieinls is offline   Reply With Quote

« Fuses | guide rail »