Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 02-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #1

Default '69 Tow Low outsde heater grill?

Does anyone out there have an older Tow Low that can show a picture of the left hand side that I might be able to see what kind of heater grill if any that it has, or doesn't? Also would like to know how to post pics on this site so I can share what we have done with ours, maybe it would help other Tow Low owners.

oldtrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #2

On a rv heater you must use the factory venting grill because of heater using fresh air intake and exhaust using the same venting grill for the combustion chamber if you can't find one for your model of furnace you'll have to replace the furnace
Being the age of the furnace I would replace the furnace you may have a cracked heat exchanger and co2 is not something I would not want to mess with
If the grill is for the water heater or refrigerator any sheetmetal fabrication shop can make a custom grill to fit your application

w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrnut View Post
Also would like to know how to post pics on this site so I can share what we have done with ours, maybe it would help other Tow Low owners.
To post pictures either click on the paper clip or scroll down below on the page to attach files. You will be directed to browse files from your computer and then upload them. Click on the Post Reply button, not the quick reply button.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #4

Default Uploading files and images

I copied this from the FAQ section that is always shown at the top of the screen.:

"Attachments and Images

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too."
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:50 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply. Almost all of older style RV heaters are made up with two parts; the inside furnace part with the combustion air/exhaust piece and the outside combustion air/exhaust piece that slides together. On some units there is a finish grill over the outside combustion air/exhaust. This may be the case on my '69 but I can't seem to find any pics of the left side of another unit. FYI I wouldn't be to quick to condemn an older heater. You can always leak check using soapy water and the heat exchanger can be checked when running with a CO detector.
oldtrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #6

throw a smoke bomb in the burn box check for leaks. seriously that's how they do it. if you have a nice blue flame going you are ok to go. you don't want yellow flame. I have always used a 1 burner proropane stove for my heaters in winter i'm still here 55 yrs later. just slightly open a small window. just to be on the very safe side.

maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote