Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
sam

Default Back from our second camping trip.

Everything went well with our packing. It took most of the day. Spent the two previous day detailing our truck and trailer. Love 303 Protectal wax. It doesn't leave white streaks. We got to the campsite at 5Pm after daughter got out of work. I went to get out of the truck and my inside door handle snapped. How come the original one lasted for 19 yrs? The replacement plastic one only lasted two months!! Probably made in China. This time he ordered a metal one. The door is a real pain to take apart. DH had to replace one hook in the curtain that covers the top br doorway. Good to keep spare hardware with you. Some plumbing came disconnected under the sink. DH fixed this. Thank goodness for an ice cold ac as it was 90 degrees. It was a State Park 20 minutes from our house. We camped with our Good Sam club/19 rigs...38 people. We set up easy up shelters and many of us brought extra portable folding tables. We had three people pushing picnic tables..kind of comical to watch. Could of had a race. Sure beats lifting the heavy tables. The park staff told us they would put them back at the sites. The campground has 200 plus sites. It was amazing peaceful and quiet with so many rigs/people. We didn't go do any outside attractions as we just wanted to "veg out" after our incredible busy week. It cooled down to 60 degrees and we had a campfire each night. I saw a really cool restored Argosy come in. Wish I could have talked to the owner. The bottom exterior was decked out in wooden panels like a station wagon. We check out the entire campground and saw four airstreams come in. One other vintage trailer came in. Of course we were the only HiLo in the place.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote