Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #1

Default 1974 Casa-Rolla

Seller is calling it a 17' Casa-Rolla 1974 but I cant find any info under that name.

sickjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #2

Just found out about a month ago about the caso-rolla campers. They were built in my home town of St.Jean-Baptiste, Manitoba. Builder/designer was Don Touchette (electrician in town) They had a small factory located in town and never produced to many of these. Rare find as i assume most of them were probably broken down and used as utility trailors. From what i've heard they were very heavy and somewhat unpractical.

Designer wanted a small trailer to pull behind his truck but did not like the canvas of a traditional pop up trailer so he went and designed this one. Its a hard top, hard sides "popup" trailer. Dont have any more info then that and never anything online about it neither.

Very rare, i suspect fewer then 100 were ever built.

paulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #3

Sorry ,but sure looks neat any inside pictures? Sure like the awnings over every window,did you buy it?
FHILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #4

I ended up buying it on abit of an impulse. Aired up the tires and put 2000+ kms on it and now its in storage.
I'm very happy with it. Sets up in seconds (electric) and there is enough headroom inside to stand up. (its nowhere near fully extended in the first post) It tips the scales at 3600lbs but I can barley feel it behind my truck. And much to my surprise it was very easy on gas. Driving westbound across western Canada I averaged 15.5 L/100km, and eastbound on the return trip it did 13.1L/100k

I can only find one more picture of it right now and its in storage far away

Eventually I want to refinish the exterior as it has obviously spent its life outside.

Good info paul, you have one yourself? Since posting I had clued in on where it was made from original papers I found inside, but thats about it.
sickjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #5

Hey there do you still have your CaSa Rolla? We just bought ourselves a 1973 Noble 1 that the top half has been gutted but bottom half is intact sans cushions. We'd appreciate any inside photos if you have any. Thanks!
Here's ours trussed up to have walls replaced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1546536884743868716139.jpg (129.2 KB, 22 views)
Lanilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:18 PM   #6

absolutely 2cool
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #7

It is...just wish we could get more info on it ☺
Old 01-07-2019, 09:49 PM   #8

Thanks for the info Paul...we're hoping for more info to come from St.Jean historical society. We'll post here if we find out anything different than what you have
Old 02-13-2019, 08:47 PM   #9

I worked at the factory where they made these in the early 70's. it was called T&S Manufacturing and was owned by Don Touchette and Ben Sabourin. We used to ship at least 3 or 4 a week of these, if I remember correctly. They sold them as fast as we could make them. I was the electrician who wired them, as well as doing other odd work.
Yours is the larger model called the Noble. There was a shorter version called the Petite. Many of these were shipped out east, but I still see them on occasion. That sure brings back memories.
Whippetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 02:04 AM   #10

I know this is years later but, I just bought one of these. Did you get your all fixed up?
Jyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 04:18 PM   #11

Can I help you?

My father invented the concept for these and got his best friend onboard to help him build it.

Regards,
PAtricia

patricia is offline   Reply With Quote