Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #1

Default Hello, new to forum

hello everyone, im new to this forum. i have a older model hi lo camper, bought it used from a guy and i feel like im getting screwed on the title for it, but all that aside, how do i find out what year model my camper is? on the tag on the front of it, i cant read the manufacture date. ive got the serial and model numbers, can i find the year with these some where?

superlows10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlows10 View Post
hello everyone, im new to this forum. i have a older model hi lo camper, bought it used from a guy and i feel like im getting screwed on the title for it, but all that aside, how do i find out what year model my camper is? on the tag on the front of it, i cant read the manufacture date. ive got the serial and model numbers, can i find the year with these some where?
The year and size of the Hi-Lo trailer should be your model number. my 21 foot 1997 Tow-Lite was a 2197.

my 22ft 2006 TowLite is a 2206

w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
sam

Default Finding model #

You might try using a magnifing glass to read the information. Post some interior and exterior pictures. That might help us identify your unit for you.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #4

My serial number is a-1106 model is 200. It is a Bon voyage I'll try to figure out how to post pics
Old 05-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Read this it is located in FAQ for how to post an image or attachment

Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum - FAQ: Reading and Posting Messages
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #6

Been trying to get pics uploaded but I can't do them from my iPhone I'll just have to transfer them to my pc. It looks close to the pics I've seen on here of the '67 Bon voyage, but mine is double axle, no shower just a toilet, it has the 12v lights and three recepticals. It also has a quick connect fitting on the counter top that runs off the gas for a lantern. I'm not sure what kind of heater is in it, but boy it sure is a pain to get lit. Both the stove and the fridge are traveler brand. I'll get some better pics of it this weekend since we are taking it out and setting it up. But just curius, does any one know how what year they started puttin vin numbers on these campers? I was talking to a guy at work and he said that it might be that back in that day they didn't have a vin. I know that some older cars had vin numbers that where alot shorter than now days. But I have looked every where top to bottom and hitch to read bumper for it, even spent about 2 hrs crawling around under it looking everywhere on the frame and cannot find it. Idk where else to look, I've looked inside every where and behind every door and under every drawer.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Just remember that with an old trailer, there may have been modifications over the years and many things inside may not be the way it came from the factory, I have already done some mods to my 2209 and have more planed if I get them done. I think everything that was put on the road had to have a vin to get a plate. Call Home - JR REPAIR they have been around about as long as Hi-Lo has and they may know where to look.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #8

Superlow,
The Serial # of my 1969 Bon Voyage was A1915. DMV always used that as the VIN. The Serial # was stamped, along with the Model # (209), on a metal plate on the door side of the tongue. I never found any other any other stickers, etc., inside or out, with those or any other numbers, and I was present when we picked the trailer up from the dealer, brand new.

So your low number is all there is!
Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #9

photo.jpg
all that i can find on it is the plate with the serial number and the model number. i'll get some pics of the other side of it and the inside also tomorrow