Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #1

Default Help

Hi there. Unfortunately our much loved camper suffered damage during a bad storm. I have full insurance, but I feel like i'm getting railroaded by the adjuster. I have a 1995 towlite. Has the bunk bed above dinette, sofa opposite cooking area. 3 way fridge. A/C works awesome. Has shower/tub combo. It WAS in EXCELLENT condition. everything works great. BRAND new tires, new electric tongue jack. everything else original and well maintained. even the restroom vent pipe and divider are in great shape. Blue book value seems to be significantly less than actual replacement value. I need to replace this with a similar unit. And REAL ideas on value? Are there any appraisers you can recommend to determine a real work value? Thanks for your help.

petensadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #2

Where are you located?

w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:11 AM   #3

I've been able to get adjusters to increase values by showing them ads of similar vehicles that are for sale. Go to rvtrader.com, craigslist, etc. and look for similar trailers. Go up and down a few years and in trailer length if you can't find one like yours. The idea is to get as many ads as you can that support your position.

Do a web search for, "craigslist search engine." You will find a few sites thar can be used to search across craigslists all over the US at once.

Good luck.

Raul
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #4

Maybe you can check with an RV dealer in your area for an appraisal. They usually have more appreciation for the value of travel trailers. The NADA and KBB only use average values , your unit may have been in exceptional condition and is valued at a higher price. Now that Hilo is not in business the trailers are becoming one of a kind which sends the values up. It's like a care lot with all black used cars except for one red one and it happens to be a rare model and the most popular color. The dealer will ask a premium price for it.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote