Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 10-15-2014, 06:44 AM   #1

Default Help new to Hi Lo campers

We just bought a Hi Lo last Bon Voyage night (cheap) it needs ceiling replaced above kitchen other than that its in great condition inside .

My question is when we hook the battery to it and push the button to raise it you can hear the motor running but nothings goin up ?? WHat could the problem be or are we doing something wrong ??

2nd question where other than tags on outside of camper would I find info on it such as VIN , MODEL etc.. trying to figure out exact year , as we bought this with no title but are going to look into getting one

CrystalG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalG View Post
We just bought a Hi Lo last Bon Voyage night (cheap) it needs ceiling replaced above kitchen other than that its in great condition inside .

My question is when we hook the battery to it and push the button to raise it you can hear the motor running but nothings goin up ?? WHat could the problem be or are we doing something wrong ??

2nd question where other than tags on outside of camper would I find info on it such as VIN , MODEL etc.. trying to figure out exact year , as we bought this with no title but are going to look into getting one
Welcome to the forum. Check out the link below.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...-youtube-1233/

Make sure you have a fully charged battery. look for the VIN inside one of the cabinets or stamped on the tongue. Sometimes very hard to find.

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalG View Post
It may be low on fluid. With the top down, fill the reservoir by the pump with automatic transmission fluid to about 1" from the top. Look for leaks as you raise it.

Read the posts in the Lift System area of this forum for more details.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #4

CrystalG; What city or area do you live in? There may be a HiLo owner near you that could help out. Give us a idea of how old the HiLo might be and post a picture here if you can. Some owner here may then be able to give you a good idea of the model and year. Measure the trailer from the tip of the trailer hitch to the rear of the bumper and post that length here. The first two numbers of the model will be this length. HiLo stamped the Vin # or at least the last 5 or 6 numbers in the Vin. It is usually stamped on top of the tongue frame toward the rear of the frame. Usually it has been painted over several times so can be hard to find. I have also sent you a private message here on the forum.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

Crystalg Welcome to the forum. We are here to help you in any way we can. Post pictures of your ceiling damage. I hope this isn't an indication of a roof leak. Keep the questions coming and we will provide answers.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #6

Can anyone tell me if standard RV parts such as the plastic casing that holds electric cord will fit on my hi lo. Just bought a 2009 25 ft and have a few things that need changing. Thanks!!
Imanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #7

Most things on a HiLo, other than the lift system, are generic to most RV's. There are variations of these parts and changes over the years. Here is one place to look for parts: RV Electrical Hatches for Sale - PPL Motor Homes

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bon voyage, ceiling problems, hi lo, remodel