Yes, I messed up; as a newbie to DIY trailer/RV maintenance, I attempted to primitively reseal (no leaks yet) my 2404T with caulking I had picked up from Blue Dog RV Center.
I spent hours scraping and cleaning dirty seams with denatured alcohol and inspecting for gaps in sealant. Then I spent hours going around filing in small pinhole spots on the roof, resealing windows, exterior lights and trailer seams, etc. with the clear calking I had picked up.
Then, and only then, after I finished, I noticed that the Sika tube I was using was 'natural silicon' not the '221' I meant to grab...I did a quick google search...realized what I had done, and had to sit down for a minute.
Now I know (according to the web opinion makers) I have ruined my life, my wife's life, the lives of our small children...and I might as well set the Hi-Lo ablaze and collect the insurance money
BUT should I
a: Remove the silicon now before it hardens and replace with the RIGHT STUFF, or
b: Wait until the silicon fails and then remove and replace
I know it will be a big job, but with three small kids and a 80+ hrs. a week job, and 5 camping trips planed between now and October, time is VERY valuable.
Thanks ahead of time for your options and advise!