Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 09-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #1

Lightbulb Leveling Top of Hi Lo Camper

I have a 1972 vintage Hi Lo and want to level the top. The instructions say to raise the top, then block each corner with wood boards, each the same length. The camper is inside a garage and cannot be raised all the way up…probably more like 80%. Does anyone know If I can raise it that high, lower it slightly on 2 x 4’s , and adjust the cables from that position?

Thanks,

Susie

Ladyhawk91208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyhawk91208 View Post
I have a 1972 vintage Hi Lo and want to level the top. The instructions say to raise the top, then block each corner with wood boards, each the same length. The camper is inside a garage and cannot be raised all the way up…probably more like 80%. Does anyone know If I can raise it that high, lower it slightly on 2 x 4’s , and adjust the cables from that position?

Thanks,

Susie
Susie,

I would say no; I would move it outside so the upper half could be extended to its normal height. On our last 2406 T, I found that a locking nut was missing on one of the adjustment nuts and the adjustment nut had vibrated loose and was not even finger tight. I was able to tighten it and add a locking nut and fixed the problem without having to lower it onto 2x4's. You might get lucky too.

jcurtis95

jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyhawk91208 View Post

Thanks,

Susie
You could do this in the garage, this purpose of the blocks at equal lengths is to set the lifting cables at egual lengths for lifting. If you cut the lifting blocks at 18 inches long, you can set the upper section onto these and have enough room to adjust the cables so they have the same tension. This will adjust the top section to raise evenly, but if the lower section has a bent frame or is twisted some re adjustment is needed.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #4

Default Thank you...

Thank you for your responses. I will take them into consideration.

Susie
Ladyhawk91208 is offline   Reply With Quote