Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 11-06-2014, 08:45 AM   #1

Default lighting issue

I have a new to me 06 2806c. It has 4 amber outside lights, 1 at the door, 1 above the front window and 2 on the rear lower section 1 on each side. I have found the switches for the door and front light and each work but the rear lights do not nor is there power to them. Is there a separate switch for the rear lights which I am not finding or are these rear lights controlled by the under cabinet light switch for the door light. Thanks

donpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #2

Default lights

donpatrick,
I have a 2805C and seem to remember that the switch is near the up and down switch for the Hi Lo. Open your door and see if there is a switch located in the general area that will cut the amber lights on the bottom of the camper in the rear on and off? I think that is where it's located.
Now can you guess what those two lights are for? I once heard that they are to assist you backing into a camping site at night. I guess in the dark they would assist you in knowing where the back of the camper is located while backing in. I've never used them but have cut the on at night and that is a feasible useage, I guess.
Hope this helped.
God Bless
Papa

Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #3

You nailed it Papa. I had seen that switch when raising and lowering the top but had not determined its function. I guess I was looking to hard for it on the outside. Thanks
donpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #4

Default lights

donpatrick,
Great. But if you are like me you'll never use them. I don't think I could back in a space after dark. Not that I don't have great help but old eyes don't see too well after dark so we try and arrive during day light.
Happy Camping.
God Bless
Papa
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote