Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 09-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #1

Default The Money Pit

Ever seen that movie? I'm beginning to feel like thats what I bought when I got this trailer. Every time I turn around it's something else. I got the skirt off drivers side to adjust the cables and level top up only to discover that the cables are already adjusted to the maximum. Stretched cables equal new cables at around $300. Then I looked to the side a bit to discover the dry rot cracks in the tires. Another $300 for tires. Got ready to paint the last area in the trailer and began prep work. As I was removing the loose wallpaper my scraper went through the wall board where I found more water damaged wallboard from about the middle of window over dinette all the way to the rear of the trailer. After a few choice words I went to exit the trailer and the door handle nearly came off in my hand cause the pin that hold it together had sheared and was falling out the bottom. All this in 2 days time. Just had a flashback of that movie. I just hope things turn out as well in the end as they did in the movie.

misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
sam

Default The money pit

I call it our expensive hobby!! We went through lots of $ repairing our HiLo. Just think if you could buy this trailer new it would cost about thirty five thousand dollars. We've done just about as many repairs as you have. You will get caught up and it will get better. Just think about all the fun you are having and all the labor $ you are saving. No matter what needs repairing or what breaks it all can be fixed.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #3

I do look at it that way Sam. It's going to be nice one day when I finish it and I will have it exactly as I want it. You can't even get exactly what you want when you buy one new. Just kinda funny how everything was happening at the same time. Made me think of that movie.
misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote