Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #1

Default new Hi-lo owner- questions

Hi, my name is Ken and I just purchased a used 2004 Hi-Lo Tow lite 22T.

I can't find any floor plans for a 2004 22T. But I did find one for a 2008. The question I have is...the 2008 catalog indicated the holding tanks for a 22T was fresh 30 gal, gray 32 gal, and black 30 gal. Can I assume this is what I got even though mine is 2004 model.

Also, the catalog said the dinette table for 4 converts into a double bed to sleep two adults comfortably. The catalog indicated the dinette bed size was 36" by 74". Am I missing something? How can two adults sleep comfortably on a bed that is only 36" wide. Any ideas How I can expand the width?

Thanks for your help. Ken

Raiderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum!

Here is a post that will get you a 2004 HiLo brochure. http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f52/...-2004-hi-lo-6/

You have the right info for the tanks.

The brochure doesn't state how big the people are or how tired they are.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #3

Default Video

It would be good for you to watch the videos that cover different parts of a HiLo and the how to operate different functions and lift system maintenance.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...-youtube-1233/
Amateur Radio K3EXU
Old 05-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #4

Welcome to the Forum! My 2007 22T has the same size tanks as you listed from the 2008. I figured that either 1 adult or 2 small kids could sleep on the table but not 2 adults.

Jeff
Jeff H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderboy View Post
How can two adults sleep comfortably on a bed that is only 36" wide.
I think they were probably considering that one adult would be on top of the other maybe?
Old 05-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaP View Post
I think they were probably considering that one adult would be on top of the other maybe?
Do you have the drop down bunk? It will easily sleep one adult unless he/she is over 300 pounds. But I doubt if anyone that heavy could get up in there anyway.
Amateur Radio K3EXU
Old 05-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #7

I am new to this site and probably not doing this right... but I have a 98 Tow-lite that we purchased last fall. This was our first time out and now that it was time to come home, I can't get the unit to lower... any suggestions???
Pamela Franks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #8
Site Team

The safety bar may be stuck. First, RAISE the top all the way and then pull out on the safety bar release lanyard.

Also, make sure your "three-position switch" is in the "down" position.

- Jack
Old 05-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Also, the catalog said the dinette table for 4 converts into a double bed to sleep two adults comfortably. The catalog indicated the dinette bed size was 36" by 74". Am I missing something? How can two adults sleep comfortably on a bed that is only 36" wide. Any ideas How I can expand the width?

Thanks for your help. Ken

Ken, evidently that is a mis-print as to the size. When the table is put down and made into a bed, it is what I would call queen size. When we get ready for a trip, we make the table into the bed and it stays that way until we return. I weighed over 220 pounds on our last outing and my wife weighs in at 130 pounds. What happened the first time we tried that was the table would not fit correctly onto the seats. The first night, it fell when my wife got up to go to the potty. I added a narrow strip of oak wood onto either side of the seat facing so that the table leaf would be unable to fall through the opening. Several outings later, we have not had that problem again. Two grown adults should very easily be able to sleep on the dining table bed. Add a 3" egg crate Styrofoam mattress and you will sleep like a baby!

Jerry & Carol Curtis
2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #10

Default Problem lowering my Hi-Lo

I have checked the safety bar and it is working fine... trouble is, there doesn't seem to be any power to the control panel. Will be checking the fuse later this morning... first time out with this camper and hiccups have arrived. Otherwise, I love it! Pulls easy and just enough room for 3 or 4 adults!
Pamela Franks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Franks View Post
I have checked the safety bar and it is working fine... trouble is, there doesn't seem to be any power to the control panel. Will be checking the fuse later this morning... first time out with this camper and hiccups have arrived. Otherwise, I love it! Pulls easy and just enough room for 3 or 4 adults!
Did you check the 3-position switch next to the lowering switch? It needs to be in the "lowering position".

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Franks View Post
Pam,

I had a similar problem last year when I closed up my camper. (I was in it for about 4 months last year from Mar-June).
After I checked the safety bar, and tried to raise it manually to get the safety bar to release fully I finally hooked my tow vehicle up to the battery, and left it hooked up for about 30 minutes and left the shore power hooked up as well. After about 30 minutes I was able to get it to raise enough to let the safety bar unlatch, and then was able to bring it all the way down.
(I was unable to get it to raise manually, perhaps someone can show me on a video so I can learn how to do it).

I hope this helps.

cav117 is offline   Reply With Quote