Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #1

Default New to hilo

Just purchased my first camper, a 2005 2305C hilo. I have switches that I don't know what they turn on/off. The 3 switches, I know that the one on the right raises and lowers the top. The black one seems to be a 3way switch. The white one is on and off.

There is also a switch right above the table area.

And one in the bathroom.

Can anyone help a girl out? 😄
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180523_103046.jpg (225.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180523_103102.jpg (193.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20180523_103122.jpg (225.1 KB, 10 views)

Backer1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum; You are correct that the switch on the right raises and lowers the top, but the black 3 way switch must be in the bottom position. The center position of that switch is the travel position. It turns off the DC power so that lights,radio and fans that may have been left on will not remain on and power is removed from the furnace. No power is removed to the fridg by this switch. The top position turns all of the DC power back on. The white switch to the left is not on my HiLo but is most likely a light switch. Could be for a light outside above the front window. The switch above the table on my trailer is for the light outside by the door. I have no switch in the bathroom. Try them all and look for lights that are working or not.

2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #3

Default Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome to the Forum!

The three switches: The one on the left I'm guessing to be an outside light for the steps...??? The middle one is the master switch that controls the power to the interior lights, the furnace, and the water heater, center position: all power off, bottom position; power to the lift system only. White switch on the right, you are correct, is the up down switch. The wire loop on the right is the safety bar release for the top. The switch above the table is for the outside porch light. The other switch pictured I don't know because I don't know its location.

I strongly suggest that you watch the video owners manual to see how some things are done correctly to prevent damage to some components.
http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...-youtube-1233/
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
Site Team

Seems to me that some Hi Los had a switch in the bath as a "safety" switch. This allowed you to turn on the shower light without turning it on at the light itself. So pre-shower, you would turn on the light, shower, exit the shower and turn off the light--safely. My 2400 had this, took me forever to figure it out. Just might be the same on an '05
Tree
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #5

Our Hi-Lo has a switch over the table which looks just like yours. It turns on the exterior light outside the door. You might need to check a bulb.

Good luck
piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #6

Welcome to Our group and the wonderful world of HI-LO RV's. Lots of good info and good people here. Best Wishes.

rvranger is offline   Reply With Quote