Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #1

Smile New Owner with question

Greetings all. I am a happy new owner of a 2009 TowLite 19T. My first trailer too. Now retired and looking forward to some road trips. Still has the original tires and they need to be changed. Any suggestions? Any trailer tires still made in the USA? I am leery of the quality of China tires. Tire size is: ST205-75-R15.

I look forward to learning more about my trailer with the help of forum members.

Allons!

Blackhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:38 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhorse View Post
Greetings all. I am a happy new owner of a 2009 TowLite 19T. My first trailer too. Now retired and looking forward to some road trips. Still has the original tires and they need to be changed. Any suggestions? Any trailer tires still made in the USA? I am leery of the quality of China tires. Tire size is: ST205-75-R15.

I look forward to learning more about my trailer with the help of forum members.

Allons!
Do a search on tires and you'll see opinions vary. He's a link to get you started.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f23/...lacement-3604/

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:43 PM   #3

I just replaced my tires with Maxxis brand after reading reviews, research and with others who have used this brand. The first thing to look at is the sidewall rating,my old tires where C rated at 50 psi. I upgraded to D rated at 65 psi which support more wieght per tire. The Maxxis tires aren't made in china but are from Taiwan. The company makes many different types of tires. The prices per tire are on the exspensive side but I wanted a high quality tire. The one thing I found was there wasn't a dealer in my area, so I ordered them from amazon with free shipping to my house. Got them in under a week and I had a local tire shop mount and balance them on the rims. I installed them on the trailer after I repacked the wheel bearings.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:19 PM   #4
Site Team

I use Maxxis too, and like them very much. Discount Tire can order them and mount them of course, if you have that tire dealer where you live.

- Jack
Old 04-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #5

I bought Goodyear Marathons a month ago and cost was about $120 per tire installed. Cheaper tires were about $90 per tire. The only really bad experience we had was Carlisle tires on our boat trailer a few years ago. Avoid them like the measles.
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #6

I have 205-75-14 goodyear marathon on mine. no issues so far with about 8,000 miles.
goodolboy1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #7

Default Congrats on the 0919T

We bought a 1908T a few years ago and had the two lift cables on the door side snap cause they were rusted. I caulked the roof and bottom edge of the camper top (which I suspect the water entered to rust the cables), so be aware of that potential problem. Also the wood block at the attach points for these cables has rotted and crushed where it makes contact with the cables.

The cables bolt into metal so the attach points are strong. It raises and lowers fine though.

Its a great camper, but like all campers needs periodic fixes.

Tires are original Goodyears and seem to be in good shape

Happy camping.

Ray

raysnuffer is offline   Reply With Quote