Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 09-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #1

Default New ownwers of 2009 Hi-Lo tow-lite 1909

Hello everyone. After a long period of research my wife and I finally decided on, located and bought a 2009 Hi-Lo tow-lite 1909. Our first Hi-Lo trip was to get the trailer. So, last Friday the wife and I both took a sick day and departing our homestead outside Nashville at 4:30 am. She slept and I drove. Sound right? Four hours latter we arrived at Peco Trailers outside Atlanta GA. The Hi-Lo's condition was all, if not better, than Peco said it was. It's in pristine condition with no evidence that it was used. Their Service Dept. patiently went over the operation of the unit top to bottom (get it?) while the shop guys set up set up our T-V with all the best stuff. After about a two hour class we excitedly took ownership.

Our first tow was from Atlanta GA to Chattanooga TN. We had reservation at the Chattanooga Travail Park where we as a couple would became more acquainted with our Hi-Lo. Ive never been in a cleaner, more organized campground and the staff was super helpful too. A Camping World store was about two miles away (really) and we made several trips to get set up. We were having a blast.

We hit a few local sights but Friday night we were kind of pooped. We had a wonderful "quiet" night at and in our little Hi-Lo. This campground is so nice we decided to stay another night. We felt no need to put anything away or lock the camper. Saturday we visited more attractions. OMG, Ruby Fall is amazing! Do go there!

We regrettably came home on Sunday. After a short cleaning and set up for storage I backed the Hi-lo in my garage. It will not remain there for long. In one month we will be camping at Talladega Speedway for six days!

rjnovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #2

rjnovia, welcome to the Hi-Lo Asylum, I mean group You have more camping experience with your Hi-Lo than I have and I've had mine for almost a year. Of course I bought a fixer-upper. Seems like most everyone here enjoys their Hi-Lo even with the little quirks they might have, the Hi-Lo that is. What are you towing with and did you check mileage on your trip.

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
sam

Default Congratulations Towlite owner

Welcome to the forum. Glad your buying experience went so well. Seems like you had a good first camping experience. Takes some time to read back posts on maintenance. We are here to help you and answer any questions you have.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote