Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #1

Default New to Hi Lo

My husband and I just purchased a 1987 18' Hi-Lo camper from a local party for $500. We went and looked at the unit on Thursday using the checklist I found on one of the threads. There does not appear to be any water damage or structural issues. The lady we are purchasing it from had all of the original manuals for the appliances and the unit itself.

The only major issues she told us about was near the end of summer last year the fridge was not getting as cold or keeping the items as cold as it had previously.

She had never been able to get hot water out of the unit and never took the time to research the problem.

I know my husband is going to be checking the roof of the unit and putting new sealent on the roof and after reading a little further on the board I will tell him it may not be a bad idea to remove the windows to reseal and look at the structure a little closer. Is there a type of sealant people prefer or would recommend?

I know people keep things original on their units, but ours has a horrible wall paper which I am wanting to paint over. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how to do this to last a long amount of time?

linschoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:58 PM   #2

Use butyl rubber tape for sealing the windows and you can paint the wallpaper with nprmal latex paint just make sure it's clean of oil and dirt before painting. Wipe with paint thinner on a rag and let it dry before painting. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your Hi Lo!

misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:01 PM   #3

Awesome thank you Jon! Appreciate your response.
linschoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #4
sam

Default welcome to the forum

Have fun with your new to you HiLo. Let us know if we can answer any of your questions. Good luck trouble shooting the ref. and water heater issue.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1987, new campers, wallpaper