Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #1

Default New to the forum - couple questions - 1999 26FB

Hello! New to this forum but have been around hi lo's for about 4 years now but just recently we were gifted a 1999 26FB by the in-laws as they picked up a new Arctic Fox TT. I've searched everywhere and I'm not finding much of anything about the 26FB, even from the old HI LO site. Anyone have a manual on it somewhere? Trying to get a better understanding of it (having some minor issues such as battery not charging, think it's the converter, but don't know where it's at) as well as some other little things like fridge fuse issues and so on (no biggie, just pop in a new fuse). Myself and the wife were also thinking of having it remodeled and adding some newer items (newer fridge, toilet, shower and adding solar plus removing the fold out sofa bed for some added room). Anways, if anyone has any additional info on this model, that would be helpful since I can't find anything. THANKS!!

pecora55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:24 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

For a manual, go to the front page of this forum, scroll down the the "LIBRARY" section and you'll find a couple of buttons there..one for Owner's Manual and another for Brochures. If you don't find a 1999, just look for a nearby year.

To find the converter, locate the shore power plug on the exterior of the trailer. The converter will be inside the trailer, usually close to the shore power plug. It will always be accessible (to varying degrees) so you can change fuses and breakers, and replace the converter when it reaches the end of its useful life. You've only got about 200 square feet of floor space in the Hi-Lo, and the converter will always be in the lower half.....you can find it, I know you can!!

Others have done most of the mods you mention, and you can find posts about those by using the search button.

piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #3
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

You have joined a very helpful,friendly group. Best of luck with your HiLo adventures.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperjim View Post
Welcome to the forum.

For a manual, go to the front page of this forum, scroll down the the "LIBRARY" section and you'll find a couple of buttons there..one for Owner's Manual and another for Brochures. If you don't find a 1999, just look for a nearby year.

To find the converter, locate the shore power plug on the exterior of the trailer. The converter will be inside the trailer, usually close to the shore power plug. It will always be accessible (to varying degrees) so you can change fuses and breakers, and replace the converter when it reaches the end of its useful life. You've only got about 200 square feet of floor space in the Hi-Lo, and the converter will always be in the lower half.....you can find it, I know you can!!

Others have done most of the mods you mention, and you can find posts about those by using the search button.
Sweet, thanks! I didn't even see the brochure section at the bottom. I was able to find my model.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #5

Welcome to the Group. Good luck with your project and keep us informed on your progress.

2403 Hi-Lo Tow Lite
2007 Aspen
Equalizer Hitch
rvranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #6

Thanks for the welcomes... well I found the converter. Under the bed behind a piece of wood against the wall close to where the city water connection is at.... was so ridiculous to get back in there but I noticed it was unplugged so that's probably why it wasnt charging.