Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 08-31-2014, 11:13 PM   #1

Default Newbie electrical questions

Ok newbie electrical question. I did a search and did not find my answer...

1981 Hi lo here. When I plug into 110v is the power converter supposed to automatically convert that power or is there some switch I'm missing? I ask this because when plugged in to 110v the outlets provide no power, I tested them all. I checked the fuses in the power converter and they all seem fine. Lights work, but I'm assuming they are running off the battery power anyway.

So how do I get my 110v hookup to kick in?

Coblehagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:47 AM   #2

I have a 1985 funchaser.
You should also have a circuit box for 120v distribution. Mine is located under the stove area.
Mine has circuits with a breakers for a/c, and outlets, and converter.
Converter has fuses for the output to all 12v, except running and brake/vehicle lights.

The circuit box should be located directly above where your 30 amp cord is located. Remove the battery and see if you still have lights. If you do converter is working!
The lighting in mine is all 12v.
Use a multimeter and check all of the outputs on the converter. The fuses can be deceiving.

hope that helps

steve

kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #3

Thanks for the response. I found the breaker box you are speaking of but the cord coming off the box is different from what I plugged into under the camper. The cord coming from the breaker box has a female connection. How is that supposed to work? And then am I plugging into under the camper where it says 110v connection?
Old 09-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #4

Well.... I feel stupid. I switched the breakers "on" and presto I have power

I'm guessing the other line out is for the AC. Don't really need the AC anyway as I live in Wyoming. As long as my furnace works (it does) I'm good to go.

Thanks for all the help. Being new to the camper experience has definitely been a learning experience.