Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #1

Default Now a Proud Hi-Lo owner

Well it's official! Del and I took off last Saturday and drove over to Sarasota, FL and bought fishermark's 3389B Le-Grand. I will tell you for sure, when you hook 33 feet of trailer to the back of a pickup you really know you have something back there. We traveled a total of 2,212 miles and got a surprising 17.874 mpg average. The trailer pulls like a dream. First project will be to put the axles under the springs to raise it about 6 inches. Don't know where we'll go from there. I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now, and as someone told me in a past post, half the fun is in the upkeep of the trailer. Nice thing is after the axle position change we will be able to use the trailer while the restorations are going on. We broke the trip home into three segments. First night in a Good Sam Park in Tallahassee, FL., second night in a Good Sam Park in Hammond, LA. (nice folks at both places) third night we were home. Had a real good time. Although, I have a question about the so-called Knights of the Road and their 18 wheel monsters. Are all truck drivers A__ H___s or do only A__H___s drive trucks? I think I'm going to put them in the Rude-Dude category and not worry about them anymore. We hope y'all have a good travel season and we'll post pictures of what we change about the trailer.

Be safe!

Bear and Del

bearshrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #2

Congrats on your new Semi, LOL have loads of fun....

Old 04-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #3

Congrats on the purchase! Lots of fun.

Not all truck drivers are AH but due to the demand for operators I think there are a larger number that are.
miniceptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
sam

Default New HiLo

Bearshrum and wife, Enjoy your new toy. I really don't think you will have to do major repairs. Just routine maintenance and any changes you want to make.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #5

Default Thanks to all!!

I know we will have questions and I'm certainly glad to have a place like this and people like you to depend on for answers. We hope to have as much fun as all of you seem to.

Thanks again!

Bear and Del
bearshrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #6

Congrats neighbor!!!!!!! We live inside the 610 Loop near West U and Bellaire, TX.
89Hilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #7

Smile Bought a 2705T

Picked up my first HiLo 2 weeks ago and pulled it from Merritt Island Fla to Blacksburg Va.pulled with my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Got 13.5 mpg at 58mph. I had lots of time to try different cruise settings in myTow/Haul mode.
Had an All American experience by spending the nite in a Walmart parking lot in Florence, SC-breakfast at McDonalds in Walmart and gas fillip at SAMs lot adjoining. sleep,foodand gas at Wally World,
What more could you ask for????.....Joe(Skyking)
JoeJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
gus

joe,
i was curious as to which engine do you have on your jeep, cause on my last trip I was getting 15.5 mpg, and it has full time 4wd, i was disabling overdrive when driving below 50 miles

gus is offline   Reply With Quote