Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #1

Default PICTURES -- then take a few more

PICTURES -- then take a few more and save your ???.
All right in this day and age almost all of us have a digital camera. If you don't then use this for a reason to go out and get one.
Never mind all of those great family and friend and location shots that you could take. Take some of every work project that you do or are about to do or have done. Even take some as you are working. WHY?? You ask. Because somehow as we are getting older we forget things (I think). I was just installing a new battery on our hilo. Well I was pretty sure where the wires went. Lets see 4 extra wires to the negative post plus the large cable clamp and 2 wires to the positive post plus the large cable clamp right or was it. Ok, quick before I blow a fuse or something. Into the house quick look at the pictures that I took of everything a few days ago before I started. I was right I had everything going into the correct place. Sure made me feel a lot better, I had remembered correctly.
I started a thread on how I checked my brakes and posted pictures to share with everyone and also have backup just in case I forgot something. Yes, I know take it apart in order set it down in order and to put it back reverse the order. My dad taught me that when we took guns apart back over 50 years ago. Trust me digital cameras really do help.
Back your work projects up and you will feel better about things. Also you will have pics to share on this website.
All right you can also take pics of family and friends and the nice campsites that you have been to also.

Later Tim & Nancy & a dog that wants to go camping

69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #2

I second this thought.

I have a 43 yr old BMW car, 350K miles, and a 30 yr old Honda motorcycle, plus my Hi-lo. All of my vehicles are in very good condition and mechanically sound.

I am not looking for documentation, but info on where this part goes and what goes on next. So, being able to bring up a pic that shows disassembly is very important. Especially wiring!!!!!!!!
Using a digital camera is cheap insurance for proper assembly!

I am retired and realize that I don't have the memory that I once had. I personally think that my memory banks have been filled up and need some deleting of useless stuff. Just haven't figured how to do it.
I still have the mechanical skills and most of my physical abilities.

Now where are my keys?

kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #3

Default camera

If I can just remember to I'm about to go out and take some photos of the work that I'm doing on the front of the hilo.

Later Tim
69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote